How do you deal with a "disneyland dad"?

My son's father makes quite a bit more money than I do. The child support order should be at least double what it is, but that's another story. He refuses to buy clothes for my son. I end up sending clothes when he goes to visit his father. However, he buys things that he knows I can't afford. These things are for daddy's house only. He promises trips that he knows I can't afford.
It's getting to where my son wants to stay at daddy's because it's such a fun time. Any tips on what I can do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:23 AM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• Let him go stay with Dad for awhile. He'll soon realize that it's not always going to be like that.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 1:32 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• My dad is a little like that when him and my mom got a divorce I decided to stay living with him because I was going to be a junior and I didn't want to leave my friends. My brothers and sisters moved with my mom. My dad would have them every other weekend and they would always go home with a mp3 or a computer he got from work... But me I was there every day and I was invisable. When the other kids would come it was like christmas (daddy's great daddy's great) I moved out the summer before my senior year to live with my mom. Love trumps material things!! In time your son will see that daddy's house is fun to visit but mommy's house is home! He will see that if he stays to long at daddys that the prizes do not out way what he can get with mom!
    Countrymommy03

Answer by Countrymommy03 at 2:03 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I just sent my daughter to her dad and hes trying to play that disneyland dad crap. It wont last, believe that because after awhile dear old dad will realize you dont care and stop spending lavishly to prove a point. As long as you let him see that it bothers you he probably will keep doing it.Ive seen so many cases of this but in the end love conquers all.So Im letting my daughter live the disneyland life with him untilhe goes broke from it because I have bills to pay.
    Anonymous

• Send the kid without a change of clothes, or with clothes your ex will hate. (or both!) He will either buy new clothes, or prove what an a$$ he is to your kid.
    Anonymous