Anything to ease my "morning sickness"?

There's no ryme or reason to why I vomit and I never get a nausea feeling before. I just want it to ease a little, or maybe even stop! Any tips or suggestions?

mommyin08of09

Asked by mommyin08of09 at 1:35 AM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Everyone says sip water and nibble crackers but even this didn't work for me.

I did "Preggy Pops" you can get them at Babies R Us. You might need to change your prenatal.. they tend to worsen the morning sickness.
    prettylilrae

Answer by prettylilrae at 1:36 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I tried preggy pops as well. They worked great, but in my opinion, a big waste of money. You can get a huge bag of hard candy made with the same exact ingredients, and spend way less. The only other things that really worked for me was Ginger drops and a can of Coke every morning.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 1:40 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• i got the preggie pops too with my last pregnancy. they worked but i didn't feel like eatting them 24/7 lol. i learned that warm/hot milk helps calm my stomach when i'm nauseas, but if you're not nauseas before you throw up i'm not sure if that would help. sorry.
    momma_gig

Answer by momma_gig at 2:06 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• yeah, no kiddin'. it's like some days i'll wake up and feel fine (for thirty seconds) then out of NO WHERE i'll vomit this nasty lookin' yolky stuff. it's horrible. i'm so over it. for a week before i found out i was pregnant i've dealt with this BS. i've tried getting out of bed slower, which doesn't help, and nibbling crackers, that hasn't helped. Really, Sprite or Lemonade with some ice chips in it helps cool me down from getting so hot when i sleep. go to your doctor and they'll prescribe you phenegran or promethazine which is an anti-nausea and it completely takes all my sickness away. it's a miracle worker. for real. i try not to take it every day just bc i dont take meds at all for anything if i can stand it. it's good for the motion sickness, and bad smells and tastes. you should talk to your doctor about that.
    ambercoloredawn

Answer by ambercoloredawn at 2:11 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• that stuff that'll you vomit up yellow is bile because there isn't anything in your stomach. saltines nibble before you even get out of bed. water. ginger ale. i hear a lot of people say suck on candies, i never tried that.
    codysmama2609

Answer by codysmama2609 at 2:37 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Try Music. This worked for me. I bought this CD that helps quell morning sickness and it worked wonders for me

http://www.morningsicknesshelp.com/morningwell.html
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:05 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• i know this won't really help but when i was pregnant with my daughter i was sick 24/7 literally and as soon as she was born it was wondurful i could eat without getting sick and i was so happy. it ried everything to get rid of the morning sickness i was even prescibed a medication but that didn't help, sometimes i guess nothing helps and you just have to let nature run it's course. Good luck!
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 6:25 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Chamomile tea and ginger tea are what saved me when I had morning sickness. Just remember that this is actually a sign of a healthy pregnancy, and stay hydrated.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:58 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Ginger chews (can get them at world market) and chammomile tea with honey really helped me. I also carried a bottle of ginger around with me to sniff, when I couldn't get the tea or chews right away. That's all that really helped me.
    CallMeED

Answer by CallMeED at 5:16 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I have very severe morning sickness ...let me re phrase.."ALL DAY SICKNESS" and the only thing that makes me feel a lil better is chewing peppermint gum...chewing some right now lol
    Bella05

Answer by Bella05 at 11:33 PM on Mar. 29, 2009