Are there any moms with 1 year olds that are pregnant again?

I just found out im pregnant again and I have a 1 and 1/2 year old and I feel bad... I feel like im taking being a baby away from him and I want to give him all my attention. Im even having a hard time now because im tired and unmotivated all the time.... HELLPPP!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:43 AM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• the good thing is is that theyll be good freings and everything will be so uch easier second time around.... congradulations look at it as a blessing!
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 1:45 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• i'm in the same boat. i have a 13 month old girl and am pregnant with baby #2. at first i felt the same way you did. then i started having play dates with my friends little girl who is 5 months old and my daughter adores her. she also loves to play with her cousin who is 3 years old and when i watch them play together i realize that my daughter needs a playmate. so don't think of it as taking away his "babyhood" think of it as giving him a playmate :) and as for the tired and unmotivated part, just remember to ask for help when you need it. having someone help out every now and then might give you a little more energy which you can use to play with your son. congrats and i hope everything works out.
    momma_gig

Answer by momma_gig at 2:01 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I had my second child when my lil' girl was only 13 months old. I felt the same way! Guilt is a mommy thing! They are 1 and 2 now and they are buddies. They get the biggest smiles in the morning when they first see eachother. I wouldn't do it anyother way. Believe me it will be worth it! A sibling is the best gift you could ever give your child. My daughter is so motherly to her lil brother! I can't express how great it is. Best wishes!
    AlyConMom

Answer by AlyConMom at 2:13 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I dont know if this will help but My little sister and I are less than 13 monthes apart and growing up I very rarely felt left out or deprived. I always had someone to play with and once I got older a best friend to talk to. We are still extremly close to this day.
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 2:33 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• When my oldest was 1 1/2 my 2nd child was already 3 months old. And when he was 1 1/2 my 3rd child was already 5 months old. I never felt like I cheated any of them out of being the baby. Even after the new baby was born they were still babies. They didn't change, but they did learn to share my time.
    They are 8, 7 and 6 now and do everything together, they even share a room (2 girls and a boy).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:49 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Yep! Jake turned one on Feb 9, and this baby is due any day now... According to the EDD, they will be *about* 14 mos apart.
    MunchiesMom324

Answer by MunchiesMom324 at 12:07 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• my daughter had turned a year when i found out i was prego again. i didnt have any of those fears and concerns...now my daughter will be turning 3 and its kida hard to remember when it was just the 3 of us. and i creidt their closeness to their age difference. shes been really good, no jelousy issues, no regression...i think its the older ones who get their 1st baby bro or sis that have morre of those problems
    Shannon85

Answer by Shannon85 at 12:12 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I have a 3 year old, a 10 month old and I am 7 weeks pregnant. For the first few days I was upset and felt the same way but now I cant wait.
    hnfields

Answer by hnfields at 2:19 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Don't feel bad. Just get help from your significant other or family (whenever you can) if you're too tired to take care of your son.

I'm 31 weeks pregnant and my daughter will be 16 months old on April 1st. So, my kids will be close to 18 months apart. I don't feel bad, I feel blessed and lucky to be able to give my daughter a little brother. Before you know it, they'll entertain themselves. I'm excited especially since I'm the only child...I will get to see the interaction between siblings.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 4:15 PM on Mar. 29, 2009