i am in my 12th week of pregnancy and i have bleeding every day for about a month. i have what they call a heart shaped uterus. i have several ultrasounds that all detect a heart beat and normal development. but still no reason as to why i have continuous bleeding. does anyone else know about or has had this happen??? is there another cause or concern that my doctors have not addressed, or are possibly not seeing???

Asked by jenniewagster at 11:40 AM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• it is sometimes normal for you to bleed while pregnant when i was pregnant with my first daughter it happen to me and i was worried but i went to the doctor and everthing was ok as long as you dont feel pain and your doctor said everything is fine then try not to worry stress is not good for the baby ..... good luck.. let me know how thing work out,,,

Answer by rissa1789 at 12:45 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• i bled a lot with my daughter. I'm sure the ER nurses got sick of seeing me walk through their door. My doctor never could give me a good reason for why it was happening. By 14/16 weeks (I think...long time ago!) it was pretty much done. I now have a healthy 15 month old! Don't worry too much. But don't be afraid to bug the crap out of your doctor/hospital if it makes you feel better. Good luck and Congratulations!

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 12:56 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

if you feel your doctor hasnt done everything in hios power SEE ANOTHER DOCTOR!!!

Answer by vakatia at 1:38 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I saw a show about a uterus shaped like yours on Discovery. I think the shape has something to do with it. It does have a specific name though, ask your doctor for that scientific name and look that up. The woman on the show had bleeding as well, but otherwise had a normal pregnancy. My birthmother said she bled with me the whole time she carried me. I didnt have that problem.

Answer by pinkcalla721 at 8:55 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Bicornate uterus, AKA heart shaped uterus!!

Answer by momof4520 at 5:52 PM on May. 5, 2009