Can you be prego and still have a period?

i didnt think so.... but what do you know?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:55 AM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes, It depends on your body. Women that are athletic can go months with a period and still be pregnant. The only way to know for sure is to bite the bullet and get those tests done!
    prettylilrae

Answer by prettylilrae at 1:59 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I only spotted my first month. But my mom told me you could have a period for the first couple months...I probably don't know anymore than you do but this is just what I heard. Hope it helps some! :)
    mommyin08of09

Answer by mommyin08of09 at 1:59 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• yeah i have a friend that had her period up until she was 3 months pregnant
    bubbleburst1

Answer by bubbleburst1 at 2:01 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I DID!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:05 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• i had a friend who had a period the whole time she was pregnant and didn't even know she was prego until months down the road!! most women get more of a light period, kind of spotting.
    ambercoloredawn

Answer by ambercoloredawn at 2:14 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• You can not have your actual period but many women do experience spotting throughout their pregnancies that can resemble a period.
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 2:18 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• There is a medical condition called a split uterus or soemthing like that where there is an actual piece of skin dividing the uterus in half. IF you have this then you can very easily have a period while pregnant. My girlfriend has this and it is usually diagnosed before pregnanccy though because it often causes some nasty cramps. This is rare though, ,but many women have some spotting throughout their pregnancy
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:58 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I have what is called a double uterus or split uterus and I did not bleed at all during any of my pregnancy's. I did have 3 miscarages, but I was told by my DR. that is was a very high chance because of the Split uterus of miscarage. He said that if the fetus implants on the wrong side of the split I would lose the baby. So if I ovulate on the left side and the fetus attaches to the right I would lose it. However I raley cramp. Though many woman spott during pregnancy without haveing a double uterus.
    jharve

Answer by jharve at 2:28 AM on Aug. 31, 2009