• In the Spotlight:

I jus gave birth on wednesday, i wanted to know if i can still have milk in my breast after endgorment. I started breast feeding but she sucked on one breast more than another, i want to continue to breast feed once they r not hard as rocks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:00 AM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You have to breastfeed to keep the milk coming. Switch sides every time you feed or during a feeding. Try taking a warm shower to soften your breasts before breastfeeding. The solid as a rock feeling will go away when the milk is expressed.
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 2:03 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• i think your question is a little off.. you always have milk in your breast.. its constantly producing it.. as long as your breast feeding.. but i reccomend switching breasts while she's eating .. and then pumping after... she's to young to give her a bottle but you can freeze the milk you pump and use it when she can have a bottle and that will up your supply... good luck.. your a awesome mom for breast feeding.. its hard at first but so worth it
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 3:01 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• so true. when i got my milk i could have fryed egg on my boobs. my baby didn't eat that much. pump pump and pump. it get's soooo much better.
    DaryaK

Answer by DaryaK at 5:03 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• It's normal for babies to prefer one breast over the other. My baby prefers my left side over the right. Engorgement is normal in the first few weeks. Since your baby is so small she may not take both breasts during a feeding, so just remember to nurse on the opposite side that you nursed before. To relieve the engorgement (and help her latch better) you can pump for a couple minutes before a feeding, and also after. If latching while engorged isn't a problem for you, you also can try pumping the opposite side while you nurse. It can be a bit tricky to maneuver at first, but eventually you get the hang of it and find what works best.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 7:15 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Of course you can. Just because you are no longer engorged does not mean you have no milk. Just keep nursing on demand.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:22 AM on Mar. 29, 2009