blood in stool

OKAY now...my son has blood in his poopies now!! What is going on with this poor boy? IS he okay? he's 14months.

Bugsmommy1908

Asked by Bugsmommy1908 at 2:04 AM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I'd take him to the doctor. Try saving a sample since they're gonna make you collect one anyways. It could just be that he is straining too much. GL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:07 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• He could be constipated.. try more fruits.. just see if it keeps happening if it's not better in a few days take him in
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 2:58 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• any bleeding from privates is cause to visit the doctor. It could be simple (just straining to have a BM) or complex (salmonella). Good luck.
    aqsgwama

Answer by aqsgwama at 10:21 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Is his poop hard? It could just be hurting him coming out...not that it is any fun, but not a medical emergency. Dark, tarry poops are serious and mean that somewhere in his digestive tract he is bleeding. Unless you think it is just from hard poop, I would take him in.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:36 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Take him to the Dr. It could be something simple like a hemmeroid or a fisher (torn skin on the anus), or it could be something more serious. I don't take DD to the pedi for colds, coughs, or fever, but I would absolutely take her in if she had blood in her stool.
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 12:05 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• TAKE HIM TO THE DOCTOR ASAP!!!
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 1:19 PM on Mar. 29, 2009