Whew! I tried Cry It Out method tonight...how in the heck does anyone do it??!

It was horrible and she didn't even fall asleep! I felt horrible because all she wanted was mama and I wasn't coming to her.

MamaChamp

Asked by MamaChamp at 2:17 AM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Some babies need to cry, others don't. Emi is one of the ones who needs to cry. I let her cry for 5 minutes(breaks my heart) then pick her up and she goes out really quick. I do that for one nap and sometimes before bed.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 2:40 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• it'll get better i promise! lol and i know its hard momma i went through that last week. whew! its so much better in the end tho. good luck!
    youngandafraid

Answer by youngandafraid at 2:18 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I did it and yes...it was hard. We did it at about 8 months old. But, very worth it. My dd falls asleep effortlessly now. My advice is to have a SOLID routine, and know that it doesn't last very long.
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 2:19 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• and, don't get her out of the crib. If she's really upset, lay on the side of the crib (on the ground) and rub her foot and sing until she lays down. We would let her cry for 2 minutes, give her a brief snuggle and say "I love you, go nite nite" Then we would wait 4 min..then 5, then 7 and so on. This way she knows you are still there....she'll get it. Be strong....it's SO worth it.
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 2:23 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• i dont do CIO for babies under a year old. ...JMO
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:24 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• That isn't something I could ever do-

Good luck!
    lovnmy3boys

Answer by lovnmy3boys at 2:27 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• how old is she?
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 2:52 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• imy pediatrician for my daughter told me that this method is pointless to use for children under the age of 2-3. Its to teach them self soothe, but at any age below 2-3 they dont understand or comprehend that concept and it will not work. when a baby cries, they need something, they dont cry just to cry....

in my opinion its lazy selfish and i feel very sad for the child going through it. i think it is parenting to put your child to sleep yourself not to let them cry them selves to sleep... would you want to cry yourself to sleep every night? im sure you wouldnt.

MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:19 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I'm not sure how any one does it either! I cant stand to listen to my little man cry. It breaks my heart! I know it'll work out though. It always does.
    LoniRae89

Answer by LoniRae89 at 4:40 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• you werent going in there? at all? your suppose to go in i think its 5min intervuls, just besure not to talk to much , no direct eye contact and do not pick them up...but i sure hope you didnt just NOT GO IN THERE...thats not the way it works! good luck and if you are doing things CORRECTLY it'll be in no time that your babe will fall alseep on their own.
    Shannon85

Answer by Shannon85 at 11:44 AM on Mar. 29, 2009