Is it safe to do this? *TMI SEX QUESTION*

OK, this is really a legit question. I like to have anal sex with my husband. I'm pregnant. Is it safe to do this while pregnant? We always use a condom and never switch between my vagina and my anus.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:21 AM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• From what I know its just as safe as when your not pregnant. Ive never heard of it doing any harm to a baby or any doctor advising against it although many people avoid the topic of anal sex so i cant necessarily be positive.
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 2:24 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• go for it!
    ambercoloredawn

Answer by ambercoloredawn at 2:26 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Its fine as long as it doesn't hurt lol more then usual.. but your at a higher risk for hemmroids .. that looks wrong.. so just be careful that its not to rough or you might get them .. my husband and i did it plenty of times .. don't worry
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 2:47 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• GO AHEAD BUT BE GENTLE BECAUSE U MAY GET THE SQUIRTS LOL! N UR HUBBY MAY GO CRAZY (ISG)!
    DIJONMOM

Answer by DIJONMOM at 4:00 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• you can untill its uncomfortable to you. And when it gets that way, just switch positions untill you are more comfortable. Unless your doctor says other wise. You will be fine. Just remember for the end of your pregnancy. If you dont want to risk endusing labor then keep it protected sex. the spirm has the same stuff that the doctors use to enduse labor.
    mommy20081

Answer by mommy20081 at 4:12 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• As long as it's not uncomfortable for you, it's safe. Also, you don't have to use the condom, it still won't hurt the baby, in fact, it won't reach the baby at all. Your mucus plug as basically formed a "door" to your uterus, and the sac the baby is in is like a bubble behind that door. It might be a little more "messy" for you after you're done...

Also, the farther you go into your pg, and the bigger you get, it's not such a good idea for him to be on top. But honestly, by the time that starts to get to be an issue, it's not going to be very comfortable or practical for you to do it in that position anyway. At that point, you're going to have top be on top, or be a little more creative, as your body's shape will comfortably allow.

cont
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 4:17 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• cont

Actually, sex during your pg, as long as you aren't doing anything violent and as long as it doesn't hurt (sometimes it might, especially towards the end of your pg, but not always), it can be very good for you, and it can make your labor go easier.

The reason is, as you climax, your vaginal muscles contract and relax, so it's like the ultimate kegal workout. And that can help when the time comes for when you go into labor and are having contractions and dilating.

It's also a good way to help keep connected physically with your dh, because while you're both happy about the baby, as time goes on, it's not uncommon to start to get scared and worry about the changes a new baby brings, and keeping that "connection' with each other is a good thing.

Hope this helps :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 4:22 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• lol - I'm glad that mommy20081 mentioned the condoms / labor connection for later in the pg though - I forgot that part :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 4:23 AM on Mar. 29, 2009