when you were pregnant, do you remember if your abdomen was warm to the touch where the baby and sac were?

i remember that mine was.
but my water broke and i was only 17+w, they said there was an infection but never told me what kind.
Could this have been a warning sign to an infection?
it was my first pregnancy, so i don't really know how your belly skin temp normally feels.
i had just assumed that it was the increased blood flow from the pregnancy, and the dr's or midwife never thought it was a bad sign.
anyone else experience this? normal?

codysmama2609

Asked by codysmama2609 at 2:27 AM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

Level 1 (-1 Credits)
  • depends on if you've been under a blanket or wearing extra warm insulating pants or a number of other things! not to my knowledge is it a sign pointing to an infection. Good luck tho. =)
    ambercoloredawn

Answer by ambercoloredawn at 2:30 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• It is most likely a little warmer because of all the extra blood flowing through your abdomen
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 2:49 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• yea, no extra blanket or insulation around the belly.
    and thanks, but its a little late for the good luck thing. unless your telling me good luck in finding a good answer.
    my water broke and i lost my baby 17w3d.
    thanks Jan.... thats kind of what i was thinking, but, just curious and wanted to know if others felt it too.
    it may have been a really slight temp change, im just more sensitive to noticing things like that because of my line of work.
    codysmama2609

Answer by codysmama2609 at 3:01 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• My abdomen has been hot since about 6 months...I'm 37 weeks now. I always have my shirts pulled up at home and my hubby laughs at me. I've asked my doc about it and she told me its normal for me.
    CallMeED

Answer by CallMeED at 5:14 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• i would have said it was a sign of infection,
    mommything03

Answer by mommything03 at 10:01 AM on Apr. 2, 2009