Tricare coverage?

My husband is getting out of the Army on disability. I want to know if there is a grace period for his dependants, or do we get dropped completely? If there is a grace period, how long are we covered? (30, 60, 90 days?) And does it drop down from Tricare Prime to plain Tricare? If so can I keep my civillian pcm if its just Tricare?
Sorry the question is so long, but these questions have been bugging me lately.

anna_ny

Asked by anna_ny at 2:37 AM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Money & Work

• i'm not positive about this, ...but i dont believe there is a very long grace period, if there is even a grace period at all. For some reason i'm thinking 2 weeks. ...but that situation was entirely different then yours.
    Sorry i'm not much help. You could always call tricare and ask.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:39 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Your coverage ends the day he gets out.
    Magpie75

Answer by Magpie75 at 3:14 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I believe it ends the day he gets out. You may want to start shopping around private insurance coverage so you don't have a lapse in coverage.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:33 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• My hubby gets out on friday and are tricare ends that same day.
    esimmons10

Answer by esimmons10 at 10:41 AM on Mar. 29, 2009