Ever planned a trip?

I want to plan a trip to Colorado. But I don't know where to start. Where to stay, what to see, things like that. I've looked on Expedia and places like that. It just confuses me more. Should I just go to a travel agency?

sarapurser

Asked by sarapurser at 3:27 AM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Look up a tourism site for colorado.
    Think about things you like to do and go from there.
    What kind of budget do you have?
    Once you know where you want to go and what you want to do, then look at accomodation.
    Have fun.
    AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 3:33 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Travel agents charge more then the actual tickets costs so if you have the money then do that. If not, then have fun planning it.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 3:34 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I would do a search for hotels where you want to go. You can narrow them by price, location, accommodations, etc . Do you want to stay somewhere with "local flavor", someplace fancy, or is a standard chain like Comfort Inn ok with you?

You can also price rental cars and stuff.

Look at their tourism stuff and community calendar to see what there is to see and do.

Then, when you have an idea of what you want, you can book your trip through an online travel site like you were looking at. Usually though I would stick to the tickets and do the room and stuff on my own, or at least only do the car and tickets, that is, if you're wanting to stay at a chain hotel.

sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 3:40 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• One other thought - I don't know how "set" your dates of travel are, but it's going to be cheaper if you don't make your leave day on a Friday or your return day on Sunday. If you could go with, say Wed or Thurs, and return on Tues or Wed, you're generally going to be better off price wise.

And, if you don't mind layovers and stuff, don't just look at when your flight is leaving, look at when it's arriving as well. Sometimes an earlier flight doesn't get there sooner, if they have a longer layover than the second flight.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 3:43 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• ASK ME!!!

I Lived in colorado for 12 years... and I visit every other month or so now that we've moved. I love it. I can tell you what to avoid, what not to miss and what is worth/not worth the money!!!

It's a beautiful state... have FUN planning this!!!! You won't regret it!!
    livn4hevn

Answer by livn4hevn at 3:47 AM on Mar. 29, 2009