Who is CM for?

So I'll probably get bashed for this, but I just saw a post from someone who has no children. She had one child and gave her up for adoption. She's still involved in the child's life, but otherwise she has no children... is she a "mom" and thus should she be on CM?

I mean we have women on here who are TTC and have no children yet.. I also had a woman in one of my groups who had no kids and had no intention of having children in the near future..

Do YOU care if women who don't have children are on CM? Is it ok as long as they are women?

Personally, it seem weird that women who are not actively trying to have their own children, or who already have their own children, are on this website. It's no skin off my back, but it does seem strange. Thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:41 AM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think CM is for women who have ever experienced anything pertaining to motherhood. Be it TTC, pregnancy, giving birth, or raising children including grandchildren and step children.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 12:19 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• When I first joined I assumed it was a sight for mommies and mommies to be. After being here for a little bit of time I see that the best interest is for mommies and mommies to be however I also have found that some men are here as well posing as women just to see what their woman is doing as well as many woman come here to meet and date other women. I was a bit shocked at that but what can you expect when a site is for all women. Perfect way for someone to put on a front and do whatever they really want to. I am a little dissappointed that some of the things are allowed such as I see that the person in charge of my local group also runs the local gay mommies group. Nothing against their lifestyle but you have tons of other sites for that, at least have a little respect for the place thats set up for families and kids.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:50 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Yeah, I'm still up and this is my humble opinion. I would opt for a mom who put her kid up for adoption and didn't abort it, heck, she went through childbirth didn't she? The women that have no intention of having a child should not be here UNLESS, they are possibly in a gay relationship and her partner is the child bearer... I may be wrong and you may correct me on that. Another thing that I have been wondering about is, If I only have one child and he is 10 now, does that mean that I won't e welcome when he turns 18 or moves out of my house? Am I no longer a mom? p.s. I have no idea who you are talking about because it's late and Gigi's buzzed. lol
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 5:27 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• As a woman who has given a child up for adoption--yes I feel that women who are planning to put a child up or already have put a child up have every right to be here. A woman that has put a child up for adoption is usually seeking massive amounts of support. I had no support after I placed my child and became extremely depressed. If I had found other mothers that had been through that, it may have helped some.
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 6:59 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I'd prefer it if it was only for moms (in any capacity) and those trying to conceive. I had no clue there were any men here!
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 8:50 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I came to this site cause it was for mommies and mommies to be. Giving a child up is a very tough decition to make. So ya i think you should find another site togo to and get support or whatever it is your looking for. But who am i to say who can come on here and who can't.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:10 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I think if you dont have kids and no intention of having them in the near future, or have a penis, that you have no business on here. This is for mom's and those on the road to being a mom, that includes those actively TTC. Other wise, go away.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 9:11 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I agree with above (abbynzachs...). I don't understand why there are women on here that don't have kids. Or are not ttc. Or are men - that's just wrong.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:43 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I feel like it should be a site for anyone, as long as you are a woman.

I think it would annoy me though if the women who were not intending to ever have children tried to give advice to those that do have children. I mean really how would they know what we are going through.

As for the adoption thing, she is probably on here because there are other women on here going through the same thing she is, and she probably talks with other women about what thier child is dong so she can compare it with hers and feel better about her situation.

Anyway, that is how I feel.
    violaswamp

Answer by violaswamp at 9:50 AM on Mar. 29, 2009