Is it ok to give an 8 month old baby something made with (lactose free) milk and eggs??

do you think it's ok if it's cooked in it??

mssemmy

Asked by mssemmy at 8:06 AM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You're the one to make that decision for your baby.

For mine...they were already eating cheese and pasta at that age.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:16 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• ok I finally found online it says egg whites are bad before 12 months but everything else is ok. So next time I'll just make it with the yolks. =)
    mssemmy

Answer by mssemmy at 8:39 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Most doctors agree that foods baked with eggs are okay to introduce earlier than 1 year. I started my daughter on eggs (whites and all) at 10 mo. Its really up to you. If you don't have allergies in your family, then your child is less likely to have an issue.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 11:30 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• It's fine. They have a study out now that said you don't have to wait with eggs... the risk for allergies isn't increased with waiting. But you would still want to watch for an allergy with the new food.
    And the milk would be fine too.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:32 AM on Mar. 29, 2009