Anyone else get along with S/O ex

My BF and I have a wonderful relationship he has two other child that i love we have a 10 month old daughter together. My question is: Is it weird that his ex and i get along great and we don't just do it for children?

raemommy

Asked by raemommy at 8:46 AM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• I think its great that you can. You should count your blessings.

Answer by gemgem at 8:47 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Yes its great and too bad more people don't do this.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 8:50 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Thank you both. It's really nice to have a good relationship cause theres no drama and lord knows theres enough drama in the world. We were preggo at the same time as well that was pretty cool that the children got what they both wanted. My children are my world and his children are as well.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 8:59 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Thank God that you do! Not in my case
    PunkinLPN

Answer by PunkinLPN at 9:01 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• same here, even the kids school thought it was odd that me and bm were hangin together at kids concerts plays if i showed up first i save her a seat and same when shes first. my dh and her have 2 girls ages 10 and 9 and she knows i love them and to my our 3 year old shes auntie and my son adores her lol. now at times i do have issues but we talk. and i get her an x mas gift from the kids and she does to it makes life easyer and better and the kids see that we talk so theres no playing each other. my dh dosent care for her but i keep the peace and will deal mostly with her and thats ok. better to be nice/ friends then enemys.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 9:24 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I probably could have a great relationship with his ex. I adore their 2 grown daughters and she is very nice. We have certain characteristics in common as we are both very creative. I told her that in another time and universe, we could probably be the best of friends. However, for now, it seems weird. She dumped him for a friend of the family and my SO is paying her alimony for 5 more years. The morality of her accepting his money after she chose to leave - I just can't reconcile that. So we are cordial and friendly when we see each other at events. But that is about it.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 11:12 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Thats really good and expecially since they have children togeather. My husbands last girlfriend and I have been taling for a couple of years but yet have met in person. We talk atleast once every month and are looking forward to meeting eachother some day.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 1:30 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Not only is it not weird, it also makes a great environment for all the kids involved. It's always a good thing when the adults all get along and I think that you guys are giving them a great example to grow up with.
    heratyc

Answer by heratyc at 2:12 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• No, I think it's great. We have dinner w/ my DH's ex and her husband, go skiing with a couple of his ex-girlfriends and their families, have dinner w/ my ex and his wife.... My attitude is if you liked them enough to date them, why do you have to hate them once you broke up?
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 3:04 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• No, count your blessings. It's good being in a non-typical situation.
    SugaB28

Answer by SugaB28 at 3:11 PM on Mar. 29, 2009