I'm 31 weeks pregnant and my baby is in the head down position already. Isn't this early?

And I'm worried about how I sit or lay in bed or even walk! =) Please help.

gckittylove

Asked by gckittylove at 9:10 AM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Your fine, your baby is getting ready to come see you. At this point in your pregnency you will not find anyway to be comfortable. Use alot of pillows. Good luck....
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 9:15 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• That's a good sign! He's getting crowded and has less room to flop around. He's just getting settled.
    BubNSoap

Answer by BubNSoap at 9:32 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Not to early to get into position. Just be patient and there is no way of getting comfortable. Good luck and congratulations.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:01 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Your baby is just getting ready to come see you soon. And remember the whole due date thing is just an estimation, they don't know exactly when the baby started to be formed. Your dr would tell you if anything was wrong. :]
    beautifulinlove

Answer by beautifulinlove at 10:03 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I'm 29 weeks and at 28 weeks, he was head down already. Just do what you have to do to get cozy...lots of pillows on your left side should help.
    gaamom

Answer by gaamom at 10:17 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• thats fine, thats great...at this point just hope he doesnt go and flop back around....and as in the sitting walking and such...your babes fine, just do what makes you comfortable..like they all said...pillows...lots and lots of pillows
    Shannon85

Answer by Shannon85 at 10:52 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Thats perfectly normal. I think my son dropped around that time or maybe ealier, I just remember him being head down for a while.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 11:30 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Nope, it's good for them to be getting in that position now - before they grow too much to easily move that way later. Really, baby could move back out of position yet, but will be more likely to be breech then. Don't worry about siting, etc, your pelvic bones are not going to pop the head, there's adequate room for baby without getting smooshed. Your body knows what's right and moves/adjusts accordingly. If it wasn't normal for baby to go head down already, he/she wouldn't have. And no, it doesn't mean baby is coming soon either - my babies were always head down early, and I did not have a single one early.
    Anonymous

• I agree, baby knows how cramped the quarters are getting & is planning the exit strategy. My last DD flipped a few times & gave us a few scares but finally settled head down. You aren't going to hurt baby by sitting or lying down. Your body will adjust for the baby & baby can move as well. There is a lot of cushioning between baby & your body. Best of luck!
    Anonymous

• I was head down at 28wks, and there he's been since! And there's plenty of room for your baby to move still at 31 weeks, so no need to worry about laying or sitting!

Mines head down, but face up, so I feel every little move he makes... and my basketball now sits on my lap at the dinner table, and he sure enough lets me know he doesn't like it! I get fists and elbows that dig into my legs... lol!

Baby will be fine, just make sure YOU are comfortable! GL!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 1:44 PM on Mar. 29, 2009