How to track ovulation?

I want to start tracking my ovulation since just letting nature take it course is not getting me pregnant. When do i start, what do i need? Any thing that can help me get to know my ovulation time better. My periods are wacky since stopping the pill afew years ago. anywhere from 27 to 31 days. Today it started (i know bummer right). Thanks for the help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:12 AM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Well..you could go out and get a BBT thermometer and starting tomorrow am start taking your temp and recording it down. Then you can go on www.fertilityfriend.com and chart your temps. or you can buy ovulation sticks and start using them on day 14 and continue until you get a positive.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 9:16 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• You need to get a ovulation kit and i believe you start it the last day of your period. Go out and get one today and read the directions. GOOD LUCK to you both. HAVE FUN trying you will get what you want...
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 9:19 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Charting your temps is the best thing to do to know for sure when you ovulate (and thus when your period should start and when you can get an accurate HPT result). Check out www.fertilityfriend.com for everything you need to know. It's really simple, and free, and you'll learn a lot about your individual cycle. Once you know where in your cycle you're ovulating, you might want to try OPK's, since they can tell you when you're going to ovulate (charting temps just tells you when you already have).

DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 1:11 PM on Mar. 29, 2009