know of cool and appropiate movies to screen for a group of 10yr olds???

Am planning my son's backyard movie night 10th b-day ... and we want to choose movies that the kids haven't seen. I was thinking of older funny movies... any ideas???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:20 AM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• For older movies Uncle Buck, Summer rental, Goonies, Gremlins, ghostbusters.ET?
    Anonymous

• Old? Or older? lol. Abbot and Costello are good oldies. And if you're not looking for THAT old, then I would do dumb and dumber, or something like that. Or something with jim carrey in it. Like liar liar, or the mask. Those are older. but funny. =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 12:07 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• i love the goonies :) and the great outdoors me and my brother loved those movies growing up. hes only 14 so he was younger when we watched em
    Anonymous

• Neverending story 1 and 2, labyrinth, Short circuit 1 and 2, Honey I shrunk the kids, jumanji, Back to the future?? I think ghostbusters and ET are definatly good ones, Gremlins too... Have fun!!! :0
    muzikgrl477

Answer by muzikgrl477 at 9:09 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• My son watched Jumanjii over and over and over, I think I ended up taking a hammer to the tape after the 100 millionth time...
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 7:28 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Oh ya, and 3 stooges is always good too
    Starfire73

• hmmmm.....well if you go by what SS's BM thinks is appropriate you could show Tropic Thunder.
    I am being a total smart ass btw.
    Uncle Buck is always a good one. Though keep in mind that some of the older movies are not rated the same as they would be if they were given a rating now.....does that make sense? They seem to get away with a lot more in older movies.
    PROGENITOR

Answer by PROGENITOR at 9:49 PM on Mar. 30, 2009