Old wives tales and dreams??

According to an old wives tale if a silver necklace swings back and forth it's a boy and if it spins it's a girl. Well mine was swinging back and forth. But the gender calender (which was right my first pregnancy) says I'm having a girl and in all the dreams I have I have a girl. Last night was a dream about an ultrasound, showing it was a girl. But I've also had dreams about a newborn/infant girl... And on top of it I was nauseous with my son, but I only threw up once or twice. And this pregnancy all I've really done is throw up. I haven't gone for an ultrasound yet, and I'm kind of nervous to. Which does it sound is more likely boy or girl?

ExenoRainbow

Asked by ExenoRainbow at 10:44 AM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• early in this pregnancy, i had two dreams. one of an ultrasound that was a boy and another of me giving birth naturally to a boy - before i had my gender scan...well, it's a BOY! crazy huh? and also, i had a c-section with my daughter and will be trying for a vaginal delivery with a midwife this time (my dream had a woman holding my baby after it was born) so crazy, i didn't even think of the dream when I decided to go VBAC and with a midwife instead of a doctor.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 4:02 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I will be the first to tell you that every pregnancy is different, and not to rely on such things to tell. My 1st and 2nd pregnancies were completely opposit. 1st was a boy and all the wives tales said girl on my 2nd, and I felt completely different, craved different things, carried differently. Was sure I was having a girl, and no, it was another boy. Wait for the ultrasound. Why are you nervous for one though?
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 11:03 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• with this pregnancy all i dreamt about was girls but nope im having a boy- and all the wives tales pointed towards girl but no- the only dreams that came true (for some reason- i know it sounds weird but when im preggo i have certain dreams that come true- has happened with all my pregnancies) but the ones that came true were the ones where i dreamt someone close to me was preggo and they ended up being preggo- happened more than once- and then the dreams of numbers that came out- which i should have played but ugh thats life lol! its gotten to the point where if i dream someone is preggo they go and buy a pregnancy test and if i dream numbers everyone writes them down! lol
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 11:17 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• yep... every pregnancy is different...with my 1st lil girl I was on top of the world while I was pregnant...with this one which looks like another lil girl I have thrown up everyday of my life since before I missed my period! I did the necklace thing though and it was right....It was super strange because i would put it over my hand and it would spin in circles and then I would move it directly to my 6 yr olds and it would stop completely...wierd!
    Carli26

Answer by Carli26 at 12:02 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Go with your dreams. I had several dreams that I was having a boy, when other "predictors" said I was going to have a girl. Sure enough on each u/s I've had I am very definitely having a boy...he's not shy.
    CallMeED

Answer by CallMeED at 5:06 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• This is my third pregnancy I have had two girls, and my symptoms are very different this time. This baby does have a different father (so I blame the killer migraines on my husband) I have had very many dreams that this one is a boy, Even just the other night, even though I have known for about a month that I am having another girl.

I actually have a feeling this one will still come out a boy, but my ultrasound was extremely clear... and very much female...
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 8:43 PM on Mar. 29, 2009