What to expect on a 5 week ultrasound?

I miscarried my first pregnancy. I am now close to 5 weeks. My periods were irregular and I took an OPK so I believe to know my when I ovulated, but my ob/gyn wants me to do an ultrasound tomorrow to get an exact due date. What can I expect to see tomorrow, if anything. Thanks in advance.

tinalloyd

Asked by tinalloyd at 11:17 AM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• A fetal pole and a yolk sac. Probably not a heart beat yet, but maybe if you even a few days further than you are guessing. GL
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 11:20 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I agree with the PP. I wouldn't get your hopes up for a heartbeat yet, although I suppose it is possible. Best of luck, and I'm sure seeing that heartbeat would be reassuring, but don't be discouraged if you don't hear/see it.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 11:28 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I had one at 6 weeks with my oldest and just saw the sac and that was it. Never had one that early with my other pregnancies. Good luck.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:41 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• My first u/s was at 6 weeks and it just looked like a little, round light. Really neat to see, but totally didn't look like a baby yet.
    CallMeED

Answer by CallMeED at 5:03 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I ahd mine at 6 weeks to discover that I am pregnant with twins and we got to see both babies heart beats
    lblake88

Answer by lblake88 at 10:35 PM on Mar. 29, 2009