How do you keep clothes soft when you hang them to dry?

I'd love to string up a line and hang (at least some) of our stuff to dry, but the clothes, linens, etc, always end up so stiff...and wrinkled! Does this happen to everyone, or am I missing something?

MrsAlmeda

Asked by MrsAlmeda at 11:22 AM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Home & Garden

• i hang certain clothes like sweaters/shirts. once they are dry, i tumble them in the dryer for about 10 min with a fab softner sheet. works well with softening them up and taking the wrinkles out
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 11:24 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• liquid fabric softener too
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 11:45 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• after dried, especially my jeans i always through them in the dryer for a couple minutes with a fabric softer- they have unscented ones that i like
    tonipaffel

Answer by tonipaffel at 12:30 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I use a little extra liquid fabric softner in the wash and then hang out to dry... I have doing this for yrs now...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 12:48 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I used to do this: hang until barely damp. Put in dryer with a wet washcloth and dryer sheet for 10 minutes. :)
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 1:57 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I liked to run them through the dryer for a short while, this will also remove any little unwanted guests- such as gnats. If you want to save some money try running on the non-heat cycle.

Answer by Bmat at 9:05 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• To get that soft feeling I would stick them in the dryer for alittle while after you hung them to dry just so they'll get soft/fluff feeling.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 11:30 PM on Mar. 29, 2009