How is he going to pull this off?

Tuesday, Obama goes to G20, where he will have to stand face to face with all of the other countries who think we should not be in Afghanistan, and the ones who think it's our fault the global economy collapsed, the ones who think his policies are making it worse, and the ones who think it's time to make the US not be the top superpower anymore. He will not have a teleprompter, and he will be translated, so he can't get by on doublespeak without sounding like an idiot. How exactly is he going to convince them to do anything he wants to accomplish?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 11:32 AM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Well, I'm sure it will give us something to talk about at least on Wednesday. All the Conservatives will be saying that he looked like an idiot and all the libs will be saying it doesn't matter what he looked like. Fights will ensue, CM will step in, and I predict at least one Obama raised my food stamps so I love him question, as well as at least 4 Are you still happy you voted for him questions.

He doesn't think we should be the top super power anymore, and he is egotistical enought to believe that we caused the global downturn. His policies can't possibly be to blame, it's just normal gyrations in the market. The real question is, Is Pelosi going with him to tell him what to say, or will she just be doing it via the blackberry?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:05 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I'm sure he will manage,he has this special way of making people believe he knows what he is doing (even though it's complete horseshit). I think it's jedi mindpower,hence the reason he won the election.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• So you're speaking for all these other countries? ALL these countries who don't think we should be in Afghanistan(where BinLaden is, the one who KILLED thousands of Americans on 9/11), ALL these countries who think it's Obama's fault that the economy sucks (it sucked while Bush was in office, sorry to break it to you), ALL these countries who don't think the USA should be considered a superpower, and YOU KNOW he will sound like an idiot?? You know all this? Wow, I'm impressed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• You know all this? Wow, I'm impressed.

You're easily impressed, then, because the New York Times has it on their front page today.  Some other really impressive people are also aware of it at the LA Times, The AP wire service, ABC, shall I go on?  For our next trick, we will further impress you by breathing without thinking about it.

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:00 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Maybe he'll mention stimulus...and, voila!
    Anonymous

• He'll have his telepromter. End of problem! LOL.
    Anonymous

• all of the other countries will be so relieved because bush won't be there haha!

Anonymous

• Since Obama doesn't seem to want the USA to remain a world super power either, I'm sure they'll meet on common ground.
    Anonymous

• He will, of course, end up looking like a dork.................

He, of course, is wiser than any of them.
    While they are fascinated, down deep, by this little Satan and his obviously overjoyed wife who smiles a lot, who will bring down America.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 12:08 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• ones who think his policies are making it worse, and the ones who think it's time to make the US not be the top superpower anymore

There have ALWAYS been countries who think this-this is nothing new to the USA. Chill out.
    Anonymous