Is this a normal occurance? 31 weeks pregnant

my feet and ankles swell up and my feet hurt. also i get horrible leg cramps. my blood pressure is around 126/80 and the dr isn't concerned. i just want to know if its normal or not because its been bothering me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Try cutting salt out of your diet and drinking more water.
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 11:51 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• yes, very normal. I'm 39 weeks pregnant and had bad leg cramps as well as swollen feet/ankles since about 28 weeks lol.

proud_mama_kat

Answer by proud_mama_kat at 12:23 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• its from too much sodium watch what you eat
    greeniemommy

Answer by greeniemommy at 1:10 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• My OB cut me off of water last week, for the duration of the rest of my pregnancy because I was swelling, and the cramping was constant, so bad sometimes when I was walking that I'd have to stop. OB limited me to Gatorade/Powerade only, and that has helped tremendously! Even though I was on bedrest and off my feet for 3 weeks, I was swollen like sausages and I couldn't spread my toes. My bp was 112/62, and OB wasn't too concerned either until the last time I went in. I drank 4gal of water in 2 days... he told me no more...

Might give that a shot for a few days, don't drink anything but gatorade. It's definitely not bad for you, full of electrolytes, which is what your body needs to maintain fluids and it will support amniotic replacement too.

I'm now back on my feet,
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 1:32 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• drink lots of water and lay down with your feet elevated above your heart. you should be OK as long as you're not experiencing headaches and other symptoms with the swelling. good luck! i'm 31 weeks pregnant too!
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 3:59 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I'm nearly 37 weeks now, but had the same symptoms you're having at about the same time. My doc told me that it was all normal. Since then, by blood pressure has gone back down to normal and the swelling has eased. The leg cramps still get me sometimes, though.
    Drink water and put your feet up. Also try eating more bananas. I always have worse leg cramps when I don't eat my daily banana. It has something to do with the potassium.
    CallMeED

Answer by CallMeED at 5:02 PM on Mar. 29, 2009