BRAND BRAND BRAND NEW day..... unsure about puting my daughter in it....

Its a brand new daycare, NO refrences... she is JUST about to finish up her schooling for it.... anyways she's opening it in june and registry begins in may....

The daycare is in a building that i am renting out to her and my daughter is 13 months... she will 18 months by then... im unsure about it but its on my way to work so it would be a HUGE convenience! BUT not sure if i should wait for it to start up and here how good it is or just go ahead and get her started,,,,

ANY ADVICE??

stephany21

Asked by stephany21 at 11:54 AM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would ask to see the woman's credentials. And surely she has at least some baby sitting references? If the woman has no experience with children, I would NOT put my child in her care. And if her experience is caring for her own children, I would want to interact with them to see how her children behave and their capabilities as far as education go.
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 11:59 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• As long as your impressions of her aren't bad, then I would give it a try. Other moms are going to be asking the same kinds of questions. It's not easy to start a business especially caring for children. She has to start somewhere. And if she's just finishing school for it, then her memory is fresh, for all the things that COULD go wrong, just like at any daycare. If I were you I would consider it. Maybe ask if you could put cameras up for your daughters sake. Tell her you aren't sure of her, but you would like to try her out. Maybe she won't have a problem with it. That would be the first sign that she is legit. If she had a HUGE problem with it then I wouldn't send my baby there. =] Good luck....
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 12:04 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• What is her degree in? does she have prior daycare experience? what about the people she is hiring? or is it more of a home daycare? how comfortable are you with her as a person? If you were looking for a babysitter to come to your home would you hire her?

goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 12:05 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I would take a couple hours out of the day to stay with her and make sure the kids are comfertable, whats the worst she can do if your there? If the kids like her i'd give it a shot...... are you doing this to save some money or are all the other daycares full? If its a big problem you could always put an add in the paper and interveiw until you find someone you like and trust.
    tonipaffel

Answer by tonipaffel at 12:06 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• My philosophy is that when it comes to your kids, if you're unsure at all, don't do it. But since you are renting the building out to her, maybe you could get to know her better before you put your daughter there. If it's a good day care, then it won't be going anywhere anytime soon so there's no need to rush :-)
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 12:10 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I would also consider your daughter. If she is in daycare now, do you really want to take her from her usual caregivers? But, if she is just starting her daycare experience, then maybe a brand new place will work for you. If you are doing business with this provider, then you must have some references on her. What are you requiring as far as licensing & insurance for renting the space? That should tell you a lot right there, I would think. Best of luck.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 12:15 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I say go for it. Everyone has to start somewhere. Plus, she has big expectations to fill so will be doing everything she can to find qualified teachers and staff, the prefect toys, etc. Plus it'll be cleaner than most other centers :)

Anonymous

• ^ wow I totally agree! This woman will be completely grateful for you giving her a chance to build her business! Plus you can drop in anytime to check it out while your kid is there, so if there is stuff going on you don't like, you can pull her out.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 2:48 PM on Mar. 29, 2009