Do timeouts...

Work for your pre-school aged children? It does for ours I am surprised that she sits there I expected a fight. Does this work for anyone else?

lapcounter

Asked by lapcounter at 12:03 PM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I think it works when parents don't over use it and when you follow through with it. It can work with preschool kids and even kids as old as 10. Chilrden do not like to be isolated and when they see that will happen and what bx they have won't cause them attention then they will change their tune. Using it right from the start shows them you mean business and you won't have to use it often.
    Anonymous

• My son is two but it works for us.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 12:05 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• It works for my oldest. My middle son needs a different approach he's strong-willed and does not sit) and my daughter is too young for them but will be getting introduced soon!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 12:21 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Time out worked for only a phase for us and a short phase at that
    VaDivaMom

Answer by VaDivaMom at 12:28 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• The work for my 5, 3 and 2 year olds...but I make them STAND in the corner. They get tired quicker and are more willing to cooperate as they should much sooner.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 1:08 PM on Mar. 29, 2009