Nuva Ring anyone?

Anyone use or try Nuva ring? What is your experience with it? I used the mini pill while I nursed but now I need something a bit stronger. My doc. gave me a few samples so I'm going to try them but wanted to hear about your experience.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:19 PM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Health

• I hated, hated HATED the Nuva ring. It came out several times during sex, it would often move around inside to where it dropped and i could feel it in there. I would have to go to the bathroom to reposition it and push it further in. I tried it for about 2 months then got sick of messing with it. I now have the Mirena IUD and LOVE it.
    Anonymous

• Didn't care for this contraceptive as it cramped me horribly and came out many times during intercourse as well, I found it many times after in my bedding next day...how can this be effective??? Good Luck 2 u, heard yaz was good!!!
    Becki.Nagy

Answer by Becki.Nagy at 12:56 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I used Nuvaring for three months. I will never use it again. I had a bad reaction to it AFTER I stopped bleeding. I had my period for the first 7 weeks. Then I spotted the rest of the time. I was tired all the time and just felt crappy.
    karenf74

Answer by karenf74 at 2:06 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Hated it. It came out once and I had no idea. I went to put in the new ring and the old one was just GONE. My doctor swore it couldn't get stuck inside you, so apparently I went unprotected for lord only knows how long. It's also not safe for BF'ing, one of the side effects is that it can cause the growth of breasts.. yes BREASTS in infants that are BF'ing. It also caused my milk to dry up almost instantly.. I thought I'd have to ween. My doctor also knew I was BF'ing and didn't tell me any of this.. I found out on my own.. so do your own research. I also had massive headaches. I took tylenol all day long, an entire bottle in one month by myself. They stopped when I stopped using the ring.It can also be felt during intercourse.. my hubby said it felt weird and it came off on his pecker like a ring toss game. In short.. no I don't recommend it.

s.teph

Answer by s.teph at 3:58 PM on Mar. 29, 2009