HELP..What to do for oldest daughters 16 BIRTHDAY...

She wants to go on cruise,I think that she is to young wait till she is 21... I truely want it to be special for her she is such a good girl.

Patricia777201

Asked by Patricia777201 at 12:27 PM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Maybe rent a limo and let her and a few friends have anight on the town. Thats what I did for my 16th. Tons of fun.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 12:46 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Well if shes a good girl then you should be able to trust her with going on a cruise. Nothing is better then getting what you want on your bday.
    youngmom3525

Answer by youngmom3525 at 2:07 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Give her a budget and let her plan a small party. That's what my parents did. I had a visa gift card with money on it and I could spend it on whatever I wanted (that had to do with the party of course) I had about 10 to 15 friends over and even though I didn't get to go shopping in Chicago like I wanted I planned the party the way I wanted. My parents finally let me go to Chicago by myself the August before I started my senior year (since my birthday is in September it was kinda like a birthday/back to school get away)

Also suggest maybe a cruise for her next spring break or senior trip with a few girlfriends. And have her start saving so she'll have tons of money to spend, that way waiting doesn't seem so bad and she'll be old enough that it won't worry you so much.
    mommyin08of09

Answer by mommyin08of09 at 2:23 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• "Doing Good" parties are becoming popular with teens. A group will stock shelves at a food kitchen, pick up garbage at a park, etc. After, they go out to dinner and bowling, or some other activity.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:49 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• My daughter is turning 16 in June. We have a big swimming pool and she wants to have a swim party with the theme being Luau. We are ordering Hawaiian stuff from a catalog and coming up with hawaiian recipies.
    heavenlypeace

Answer by heavenlypeace at 9:01 PM on Mar. 30, 2009