baby with his hand in his mouth all the time

Hello...my little one, he is 6 months old, loves to have his hand in his mouth all the time, i do not if that it is normal or not.....he does not have any teeth yet and when you look in his mouth no teeth coming out yet, but sometimes he looks in pain, could be the teething process? could he be in pain also if no teeth are coming out yet? is it normal to have the hand in his mouth all the time? he prefers his hand instead any relief teething toy.....thenk you so much

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:40 PM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Totally normal. Babies mouths are very sensitive, they'll actually use their mouths to explore things, the taste, the texture, the shape of all sorts of things. And it certainly sounds like he could be teething. The most painful part of teething is before they break through the gums. You can offer him teething toys, but if he prefers his hand that's fine.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 1:11 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Sounds like teething. Try putting a wet washrag in the freezer for a few mins and see if he will chew on that. Other than that every thing he is doing is normal.
    lovemybabys1106

Answer by lovemybabys1106 at 1:53 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• My son is only three months old and has his fist in his mouth constantly! I can't see teeth yet, but other moms have told me he may be teething.
    plantgirl

Answer by plantgirl at 2:50 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• yep teething my daughter is 5 months and had her hand in her mouth all the time too and just now got 2 popped through so yours is probally starting to get teeth just havent popped through yet.yeah its normal my daughter wont take teething rings either.good luck!
    photogrypher

Answer by photogrypher at 2:58 PM on Mar. 29, 2009