For moms with children in this age group who have eczema (or very sensitive skin)..

What soap do you use for them?

We've been using Huggies Oatmeal Baby Wash for the longest time, but we're almost out and looking for something new.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:49 PM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Try cetiphil Walgreen's has 3 pack bars for around 10 bucks. It's kind of pricey, but it 's the only thing that works with my son
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 12:53 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I've heard that cetaphil soap is drying (hence why a lot of people use it for acne)...is that true? If so, that's kind of the opposite of what we need.
    Anonymous

• My daughter is 7 now and has had excema since she was a toddler. The most excema friendly soap I've found is Castile. You find it in the natural section of the health food dept. of most grociery stores. It doesn't have any Lye or hard ingredients in it. It's kind of expensive, about $3.50 a bar in Ak . Ivory soap is also non-irritating but you have to follow up with a good moisturizer. GL
    Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 1:04 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Aveeno. My daughter has had terrible eczema since she was a baby. She gets it on her arms, back of her legs and under her chin.

JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 1:16 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• My son is three, and had excema since almost the day he was born... I've always used Dove Sensitive Skin. No dyes, no perfumes. I have excema and so does my father, and we all use Dove. As soon as were done in the shower, we use Eucerin. My Dr. told me that washing less and with cooler water helps reduce the effects- I shower every other day, and my son gets a bath every third day, unless of course he gets unusually dirty in between.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 1:21 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Have you considered a gluten free diet? Read up on gluten sensitivity because it can cause skin problems. The book, The Gluten Connection, has a lot to say about this.....I would try it.
    Anonymous

• My daughter is 3 and was diagnosed about a year ago. We use dove, it is a very soft and gentle soap and it smells great too
    danamshelton

Answer by danamshelton at 2:15 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• My son has had what the doctors have classified as severe exzema. Where he stretches out and it cracks and bleeds. Our dermotologist says to use a plain white dove bar. Not the body wash the bar. We do and it helps it doesn't dry him out and it leaves a little moisture. After they get out of the tub don't rub dry pat dry and while there out still beads of water on then use your non perfuming cream. then it helps lock in the moisture.
    luchousdiva

Answer by luchousdiva at 3:04 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• my bff son has it, and she uses aveno oatmeal bath. she also doesnt bath him everyday or it makes it really bad. she really tries to keep him clean throught the day.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 5:31 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• i use Dove, as people have mentioned, and now that he is potty trained AKA always has some sort of poo residue, i have to wash him every day.
    i use generally give him about 2 maybe 3 full baths a week, but wash the crap his privates every day : )

after baths we use baby oil, aquaphor, or lubriderm.
    he told me aveeno hurts, so we stopped using it. im guessing he is allergic to it, because it seems like he is allergic to everything else that goes on your skin.
    redderbedder

Answer by redderbedder at 1:54 AM on Mar. 30, 2009