How can people be soooo cold???

I was under the impression this site was to share support, knowledge, and ideas w/other Mom's not correct them of their errors or put them down, don't u people know "What u think of yourself is much more important than what others think of u"?? Get a heart people!!!

Becki.Nagy

Asked by Becki.Nagy at 1:29 PM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• awww come on....truly women bash on here to make theirself feel better. that is why they hide behind anon so much...
    I let it roll of my shoulder. I have had so many women make crude remarks for questions I have asked and for answers i have given. they are self absorbed and i truly don't care about their opinions when they want to play nasty.
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 1:36 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• For the most part I don't think the women here are cold... but like in any room, there's always a couple of bad sports in the mix. The mean ones got to me at first but now it doesn't bother me too much. They're just mean ignorant people and I guess they either can't or don't want to help that.
    Ignore the rotten ones and move on.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 1:41 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I'm not mean I'm sarcastic...and I never anon...that is childish to me...But I can also be really nice! It all depends on the question.
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 1:47 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Its life. So when it gives you lemons make some tea!
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 1:50 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I think being a public forum, you are subjected to all kinds of people with varying backgrounds and education so you get some bad with the good. It's just not a nice world out there, so it stands to reason that it isn't in cyberspace either. People aren't face to face and that gives them liberty to say whatever. That said, after a while, it'll roll off you.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 1:58 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I've been fortunate to have encountered only the nice ones here. Some make me laugh. Some make me worried when they or their children are sick- I ask them to post a follow up so that we know they are OK. Some make me feel extremely humble because they know so much and express themselves so well.

Answer by Bmat at 2:46 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I'm immune to the insults thrown around here. Invisible and rude ppl don't have the power or presence to steal my joy.
    SugaB28

Answer by SugaB28 at 2:51 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• If you ask a question, people will give you their opinion. If you post a journal and don't make it private, you have opened yourself up for everyone to reply. If it bothers you, don't do either. You can post to private groups, or make your journals private. You are on the internet, and when you open up, you do so to thousands of people. You really can't expect all of them to be like you, that's unrealistic.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 2:55 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Okay.....if someone says they are venting, or only wanting support - fine, You are right, no bashing should ever happen. But, when a woman writes something, giving the impression she is wanting advice, I will give her my honest opinion. I am sorry, but if someone is doing something I feel is stupid, especially with rearing children (the most important job in the world) I will certainly speak up and tell her what I think. If she is not open to other opinions, why is she posting on a public forum?

MamaDiane

Answer by MamaDiane at 3:05 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Sometimes I think women take the cold hard truth as being cold, it is something they do not want to hear!
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 3:13 PM on Mar. 29, 2009