strictly an opinion based question

So the doc says I'm 13 weeks and 1 day but I just have this feeling that I'm further along. I know they can mess up dates and stuff and I'm just wondering if anyone has had experience with this and if in your opinion i'm further along or not.

Like I said, I'm 13 weeks and 1 days (says the doctor) but my belly is already looking like i'm at least 4 months and I can feel a little movement already. Also, I had an ultrasound the other day and the said the baby is about an inch and a half longer than a baby normally is at this age (but I'm sure that can vary) and they could pick up the heartbeat perfectly at just barely 10 1/2 weeks. I can also hear the hearbeat myself on one of those cheat doppler's that I picked up at target. What do you guys think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:34 PM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It could be, or couldn't be.
    Anonymous

• I MEANT CHEAP*** not cheat! lol
    Anonymous

• It is possible...Were you sure about your period? I had 2 due dates with my 3rd child because My last period said one thing and his size was saying another. It was very confusing lol. Express your concerns to the dr. and tell them why you think this.
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 1:38 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• well, go with your gut instinct. my doc told me my first was approx 8 lbs and i was nothing but water. i kept telling the doc that the baby is much bigger but i got the ole--i am the doc and know what I am talking about treatment.

He came out 10 lbs 1 oz. i had a difficult birth because the doc was not prepared for him to be so big. they almost lost me and my son.

double check your last period and insist they check check check. your the patient!!!
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 1:46 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Sounds like you could be. My doctor told me that for the first three months they all grow at the same rate so for your baby to measure an inch and a half bigger sounds like you could be farther along.
    Anonymous

• I could never go by my period. All the girls in my period are very irregular. Going by last periods, and then by ultrasounds, they said my son would be born December 7th. He came along January 21st. 10lbs, 23"
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 1:52 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• With my 1st I didn't show signs of being pregnant at all not even missed period until I was further along. So When if it finally showed up on the HPT I went and they told me I was due in May. I told them I know I was further along because I knew the last time I had sex. They wouldn't listen to me about it. Finally when I was 6 months they did the ultrasound to see the gender and they moved me up a month. So you may just have to stick to you guns about this. It might be easier for them to tell at you next utrasound when the baby will be much bigger then now. Good Luck!
    armywife1111

Answer by armywife1111 at 1:53 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I haven't experienced this personally, but I do have a friend who was told she was 5 weeks further along than she was and she became VERY impatient when the baby wasn't dropping. Thats when they did some sort of U/S or test and confirmed she was only 35 weeks ... I would have strangled me a doctor!!
    lilmizzie27

Answer by lilmizzie27 at 3:16 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Its very possible. With my son, long story short, i was still having a period and didnt know i was pregnant till almost six months. They gave me four different due dates within a weeks time. all within a month and a half range. i had NO idea when i was actually due. according to my earliest due date he was still three weeks early. some doctors/ultrasound techs really dont know what they are talking about =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 3:46 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• btw. how much did that doppler cost you? and what section was it in?? i didnt even know they sold those!!!! message me please!!!!! =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 3:49 PM on Mar. 29, 2009