Please Help

My breasts are so sore. they feel bruised. i havent been able to pump anything for a couple of days but they dont feel engorged or hard. i tried putting my baby back to breast but he still wont latch on. im in so much pain please help.

Ebony83

Asked by Ebony83 at 1:37 PM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try standing in a hot shower...It helps ALOT....also do you have any knots in your breasts? that feel hot to the touch? because you could also have mastisis (sp). Hope the hot shower helps!
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 1:40 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• have you seen a lactation consultant? I think you need some in person help.

In the meantime, ice packs, cabbage leaves in your bra for a few minutes.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:41 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• i dont really feel any knots but they are hot to touch. what is mastisis. what do you do to relieve it?
    Ebony83

Answer by Ebony83 at 1:48 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• mastisis is an infection in your breast. To realive it you need to see a doctor.
    Anonymous

• I would definately call the lactation consultant. In most places it is free. Your milk ducts might be blocked and that might be why your little one won't latch on. It makes it too hard for them. try the hot shower faces the shower head and gentley massage your breast. that helps alot
    luvsgriffin

Answer by luvsgriffin at 2:21 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• cold cabbage in your bra,helped me alot.
    photogrypher

Answer by photogrypher at 3:02 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• try a hot shower and rub really hard from the armpit down it should help if not then see a lactation consultant
    lilysmommy1408

Answer by lilysmommy1408 at 10:28 PM on Mar. 29, 2009