Math whiz?

How much math do you know? I can do up to basic algebra, then it gets too intense lol. It's sad really, but I have some type of problem that sometimes the numbers flip around, so 46 looks like 64 to me. That's not an excuse, it's just an annoyance! But yeah I'm awful at math :-(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:42 PM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'm really good at math up until algebra. In college I actually wound up with a B in basic algebra, and I was SOOOO proud of myself. But then I went on to Agebra 2 and failed the review exam. But basic math including decimals, percents, etc I'm great at.
    VirginiaLewis

Answer by VirginiaLewis at 2:10 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I am horrible at math, flunked Algebra II twice. I don't think numbers and letters belong together and it confuses me. I can do Algebra and some Geometry but not so good at it. I recently registered to restart college and my counselor waived my math class!! I am soooo happy for that. My son is 13 and has been doing simple Algebra since Kindergarten, he is awesome in math.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 1:52 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I hated math growing up, failed classes, but when my mom became the secretary at my school she made me come in the morning when she did to get tutored. So I graduated high school having taken calculus classes. I don't really even use it now. LOL

Anonymous

• I had the same problem as the OP.. I flip numbers. If I was trying to write 107 it would come out 170 and ya'll know if you mess up one number the whole rest of it goes down the drain as well.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 2:06 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I'm pretty good through Algebra I. I teach math to at-risk middle schoolers. I'm better at English but I've been able to hold my own.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 3:09 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I use to love math and went up to Algebra 2. I have the same problem as you if someone tells me a number I can write the first part and screw up the rest the numbers will be backwards lol. My friends tease me saying Im dislexic....I might just be with the way I screw up numbers lol.
    VaDivaMom

Answer by VaDivaMom at 3:41 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I used to tutor math.

Remedial
    Algebra I and II
    Trig
    Statistics I and II
    Calculus I, II, and III
    Differential Equations
    Linear Algebra
    Discrete Math

I had been accepted to college and was going for my MS in Analytical and Mathematical Statistics, with minors in Technical Communications and ASL. My first son had a different idea. lol
    Anonymous

• I can barely add and subtracting is done with a calculator. I may sound stupid but I graduated with a 4.0. I just had a lot of help (cheating) in math. I could do everything else, just not math.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 9:50 PM on Mar. 29, 2009