How do you pray and how often daily-wise?

To be more specific, do you always begin with Our Father who art in heaven...

Do you always end your prayer, In Jesus' Name, Amen?

SugaB28

Asked by SugaB28 at 2:12 PM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I always end in in Jesus' name, amen. But I pray Dear God-I thank you for....
    Anonymous

• That's a beautiful way to begin your prayer...in thankfulness.
    SugaB28

Answer by SugaB28 at 2:16 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I always,start with thanking Him for another day,and for all his blessing He has giving to me and my family,I always thank Him for my special church family,I lift up people I know that needs prayer,or just a special blessing,and yes I aways end in Your precious name I pray Amen.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 2:22 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I try to pray twice a day. Once in the morning and in the evening. Praise our wonderful GOD!!
    Anonymous

• I pray before I even get out of bed in the morning. Just thanking God for giving me another day in His beautiful world. I start with just "Dear Heavenly Father",and go from there. I pray as often through the day as I feel. If I see a prayer request on here, I'll stop and pray,and I end every night with thanking God for the day.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 2:40 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I hope it's alright that I answer since I'm not christian but I say a morning prayer every morning and I begin with

"I go for refuge"....
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 2:56 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I think I live in a constant state of prayer..or communication with God.

It doesn't begin with "Our Father"...it is just an on going conversation ...with my father.

And...sometimes it is a scream..."oh LORD...! ...with 2 very active boys....I am never too far from a prayer of safety or peace! LOL

I do pray 'formally' also...and I like to end my prayer with 'in Jesus' name!.

..I also include a prayer of protection. Where I say...please protect this prayer..in Jesus' name. Satan is a tricky fellow....We must always...ALWAYS use Jesus as our shield and fortress!

I hope that answers your question.

MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 3:19 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I pray before my altar, lighting candles and meditating.
    Anonymous

• pagan 2

Anonymous

• This is the typical way that I pray:

I begin with: Father in Heaven or Heavenly Father
    Then I give thanks for anything and everything I feel that I need to give thanks for
    If there is anything I need help with or anything I would like to ask, that follows
    I close: In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen

If I'm praying over food then I pretty much follow the same pattern, but ask for a blessing on the food and for the person or persons that might have prepared it.

There is not a set amount of times you can pray or have to pray during a day, you can do it as much as you want. Some days I may pray all day if I"m having a particularly hard time with something that day. I at least always try to say a morning and evening prayer and a blessing on dinner. These days I'm getting a few more in because we're teaching my 18 month old son and he wants to say prayer all the time! He's very thankful I guess! LOL!
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 4:45 PM on Mar. 29, 2009