has anyone ever had dreams or thoughts about what would happen if you baby dies?

I know this is morbid but yesterday I was on my way home and I passed a baby store and all the sudden though "oh my God what if something happened to my baby?" then I started thinking stuff like how I would even attempt to have a funeral and if I would want more kids....weird I know

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:29 PM on Mar. 29, 2009 in General Parenting

• then there is no point of living is there i could not live with out my daughter my daughter is my life and there is no way i could live with out her i would die inside i would be a shell that is it nothing more
    Anonymous

• Yes, all the time. It's a huge fear of mine.
    There were a few days that I couldn't stop thinking about that news story where two kids (pretty young) took a 2yr old and beat him to death. I couldn't sleep. How could kids do that to a baby?
    Things like that make me a very over-protective mother.
    Anonymous

• Yes! When i had my first daughter I thought about it constantly..How she could die, how I would react, what I would do...it terrified me. I don't know what I was that way with her..I now have two kids and never really had those thoughts with my second.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 2:47 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Yes afew months ago I couldnt quit. It was kind of like daydreaming. Out of nowhere I would be thinking of something happening to my baby and it was horrble. I'd even find myself with my mouth open. It felt so real.
    Anonymous

• Yes...I used to get graphic, morbid thoughts about my son's death, but it was part of postpartum depression. I still get them occasionally but not so much anymore. It's a horrible thing, I feel for you.
    quirkymama

Answer by quirkymama at 5:40 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I think that's common. I know I've had those thoughts and so has my BFF. It's our worse nightmares, I think always in our subconscious.
    Mizzjos

Answer by Mizzjos at 10:36 AM on Mar. 30, 2009