Hi, I'm a little worry (well more then that) about my daughters feeding... I know I have to wait to see her Doctor and see what she says about feeding her babys food, but her Doctor is away for the summer, so what should I do? Anyone has any idea?

I haven't started with any food, I know cereal comes first, then gerber, but how do you move on...? What if i want to make food for her...

RaqueRock

Asked by RaqueRock at 11:40 AM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Food & Drink

• You can still let her taste foods, I let my baby taste the gerber baby foods, just use the 1st stage foods before the other stages and try not to give her too much of it.
    missc07

Answer by missc07 at 11:48 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• if your dr is away for the summer then they should have left instructions for an on-call(replacement) dr for you to use during the time they are away. I would contact whoever that is.
    SuperMommy0212

Answer by SuperMommy0212 at 11:49 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• You should wait till baby has doubled their birth weight or is over 13lbs. I started all my babies at 4 months. You start with a single grain cereal first. rice, oatmeal or barely. mix with breastmilk formula or water. Feed baby about 1tsp for 4 days before moving on to veggies first then fruits. I homemake my baby food. Go to wholesomebabyfood.com for the do's and don'ts from there! GL!
    lynn63042

Answer by lynn63042 at 11:52 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• But if your child is fresh out the oven then u might want to hold out on the foods
    missc07

Answer by missc07 at 11:52 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Start with rice cereal. Let her get used to eating from a spoon and the texture of a 'soild.' Don't worry about giving her a lot. The box ought to tell you how much to make to start. After a week, you can introduce another cereal - either barley or infant oatmeal. You do one food at a time in the beginning to monitor for allergies. Give at least 3 days to each food. Once she's tried all three grains seperately, introduce the 'mixed grain' infant cereal. From there you can start on fruits and veggies. One new food at a time for three days. You can make your own. There's a neat cookbook out there that will tell you how to cook for various baby eating stages starting with purees and working up to finger foods -- all based on what you'd normally eat. If you are making it yourself, just make sure it's finely pureed. New solid eaters need total mush. :)

How old is your daughter?
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 11:53 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

missc07

Answer by missc07 at 11:53 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Please be cautious of possible allergies.
    PyraLynne

Answer by PyraLynne at 12:28 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I started my dd out with rice cereal at 3 months mixed with formula. Each week I would add one new fruit so I would know of allergic reactions. after the fruit came the veggies one at a time. She had about 1/2 a jar of the 1st stage baby food at first then I let her have as much as she wanted. Just take it slow and you'll be fine.
    pinkcalla721

Answer by pinkcalla721 at 8:47 AM on Jun. 21, 2008