When Can He Have....

My DS is 7 months old and I've seen other mothers I know giving there baby a lot of table foods. I give my son some but not very many.. I given him raw greenbeans,celery,and carrots to chew on when his teeth hurt. I given him a little taste of a few things but at this age whats ok to just give him. I've been told a few different things when it comes to his doctor. He only hass two teeth but his doctor has told me anything I can eat with out a lot of chewing he can eat.. Well my mother had to have her teeth pulled for a medical reason and can eat most things with out her teeth in.. I know he can't but things like eggs and oatmeal and grits things like that I know I dont have to do a lot of chewing to eat so could he have these things? No not everyday just every once in awhile for a change of foods? I know the same baby foods have got to be getting old.. So I thought I would ask

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:54 PM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My pedi told me by 7-8 months start giving her little pieces of what we were eating...within reason of course...I have given her a piece of zucchini out of soup mashed up and other than that just little tastes of things. sweet potatoes, you can give little pieces of pasta. Im raising her vegetarian so no meats for her or anything like that and nothing that can trigger an allergy. peanut butter, acidic fruits, strawberries, eggs. I guess just bland stuff for a while until they reach 1 year old.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 3:12 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• my son ate table foods early. The only things the doctor said he couldn't have was like eggs, peanut butter, honey, and he also said strawberries unless you already have and he was fine....I think it had to do with allergies. I give my son oatmeal and grits all the time....he loves them! I would say as long as it's not big chuncks and it's not spicy i think it would be ok. my son like spaghetti too and chicken n rice
    Anonymous

• oatmeal, grits, soft cheese, apple sauce, scrambled eggs, pancakes ect
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 3:23 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• A good rule to go by is if you can smash the food between your fingers baby can smash it with thier gums......that may help.....
    franklynnsmom

Answer by franklynnsmom at 4:43 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• all the things you listed sound great to give him. You can also get a mesh ring or blend what you are eating so it's not so hard to chew. Banana pieces are great and health too.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:16 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I wouldn't do celery my oldest dd is 4 and i still do not give her uncooked celery because my sister chocked on celery when she was 3 years old becasue celery is stringy so I was always afraid to give it to my girls
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 9:25 PM on Mar. 29, 2009