Conservatives..During Election Time -

Did you feel that this section and site in general leaned to the left as far as politics?
I made the comment yesterday that I felt this site was 1) religious and 2) republican.
I was told by someone that I was wrong etc. I only commented on what I've seen and I've been here about 9 months.

As a Conservative, did you notice a lot of posts disappearing that favored McCain or spoke ill of Obama? Did anyone complain to CM admin?

Thanks!

JackalsWife

Asked by JackalsWife at 3:01 PM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think this site has a very vocal set of conservative republicans, at a much higher percentage than the general public. I often wonder why, I have though that maybe because there is a lot of military wives and SAHM who may have a more traditional viewpoint than the general public.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 3:12 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I find that the liberals can be very harsh in their comments. Whatever makes a person lean to the liberal side also makes them very defensive and offended if you have a different view. They don't have any problem telling people of differing views that they are wrong (stupid is a word they love to use). They also seem to enjoy supporting the freedom of religion as long as that religion isn't Christianity. (I do understand there are many liberals who are Christian.) The conservatives seem to be the ones who practice what they preach and we are called hypocrits for that. Its so confusing sometimes.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 3:20 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I believe we have a lot of left wing nutcases out there who have no values or morals. Look at the ones always demonstrating and spewing hate where ever they go. They talk down to you as if we are stupid and they know it all. They know nothing but hate and what they want period. They will go down.
    Scorpio359

Answer by Scorpio359 at 3:40 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• SCORPIO You just did describe yourself.

Anonymous

exactly my feelings. The large majority in this section is extreamely conservative.
    trippyhippy

Answer by trippyhippy at 3:53 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

I was just thinking the exact same thing. I guess some people are blind to their own behavior.
    Anonymous

• Whatever makes a person lean to the liberal side also makes them very defensive and offended if you have a different view.

Probably because we are ganged up on and attacked in this section if we even say one positive thing about Obama. That can make one on edge.
    Anonymous

• Did you feel that this section and site in general leaned to the left as far as politics?

I wasn't here before the election, but I was here on inauguration day. If you'd like an eye opening go back through to the questions from Jan 20, open and closed. Granted, the worst of them were deleted by CM - a few rather rabid Obama fans went way above and beyond any of the stuff that is said today - it got to physical threats, but you'll see allusions to some of those questions in the other questions, too. What you see now is an exodus of those who were only interested in politics for the duration of the election. It's over, they don't care. What's left are the people who care about politics every year. And then there are those who either lost their accounts or got sick of being censored and deleted them. Go flip through the last 6 months of journals. You'll see the same thing.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:59 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I believe we have a lot of left wing nutcases out there who have no values or morals.

See? This is strong speech from someone accusing the other side of being "harsh."
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 4:03 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I had a cm mod refuse to pull a bush bash post that contained no less than eight curse words. 8. It was over the top. She said she didn't see any violation of policy. I'm going with she felt the same way.

As far as numbers on here go, I think the libs outnumber the conservatives but the conservatives have more to say. Many of the moms here fall dem, but only come out of the wood work for the abortion and food stamps arguments. (or to say that Obama is HOTT. with two T's)

I guess they really aren't that into politics.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 4:05 PM on Mar. 29, 2009