car broken in to

so my wallet checks meds and gps were stolen out of my car, why is it that the police dont do anything about it? they took a report over the phone and that is it.

mommymeg03

Asked by mommymeg03 at 3:04 PM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• thats crazy... they didn't even come out and check it out? i thought they were spoused to??
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 3:06 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• nope didnt evencome look.
    they theifs threw a lot of stuff around in my carim sure their prints are there, but all i got is a case #, and no hope of getting anything back

UGH
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 3:07 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Yeah, I was at work volunteering for a Christmas function and I had my car broken into and they stole my car stereo and my purse ( I know I know) anyway it sucked my rent money was in my purse too, because I was going to pay the rent after I left there. I went to the police station and filled out a police report and that was that, I never heard from the police and I had to suck it up and cut my loses.

p.s I never leave my purse in the car. lol.
    Anonymous

• wtf? That's messed up. I would be calling the police department and hounding them until they came out. I don't pay them to sit around and talk on the phone all day.
    Anonymous

• Ive had that happen. They said thats the routine if the car is on private property like a parking lot and etc. I filed over the phone and never got the report by mail. I lost out on over a thousand dollars in CD's. Some that couldnt be replaced.
    VaDivaMom

Answer by VaDivaMom at 3:28 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• it was parked on the street in front of my house....in a good quiet neighborhood.......and i have an old car so i dont have full coverage- so it is just gone :(
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 3:31 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• No offense but it's not an official statement unless you signed to it. Since they didn't come to your house, they haven't made it a case. Just keep on calling and demanding they come check it out, and take fingerprints etc etc until they do something.
    Anonymous

• wow with it being on the street in front of your house its odd that they didnt come out
    VaDivaMom

Answer by VaDivaMom at 4:01 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I am so sorry that has happened to you.
    Did you take the precautions of putting freezes on your credit cards and checks, alerting the credit report companies about possible identy theft and to alert you of new accounts being opened in your name, of alerting the DMV and obtaining a new license, and adding security features to your home?
    The theif now has your home address and possibly your personal information so they can open new credit cards in your name and run them up and not pay.
    I am sure you don't need to be reminded about not leaving your purse or personal valuables in your vehicle, even if you had a driveway.
    Take care.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:49 PM on Mar. 29, 2009