would you take your baby a month old to the er

if their temp was 100 degrees??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:13 PM on Mar. 29, 2009 in General Parenting

• call the on call dr at ur peds office first if worried....
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 3:14 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• No, I wouldn't but if you are concerned about it you should call your doctor.
    Anonymous

• they say don't worry unless it is 101.5 ....if your really worried and just have a gut feeling that something is wrong I would go to after hours or the ER mothers always know best. Even if there is nothing wrong better safe than sorry :)
    luvsgriffin

Answer by luvsgriffin at 3:15 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I'd see if your ped. has a nurse line or an oncall line first. But yeah if your worried and can't get your regular doctor to call back then yes!
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 3:15 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I wouldnt. I would try to cool him off with a wash cloth and give some motrin. I'd wait until tomorrow and call the dr. That's just me though, I rarely take my son to the dr and I never go myself.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 3:15 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• IM JUST A NEW MOM SO THESE ARE ALL FIRSTS FOR ME YOU KNOW?
    Anonymous

• Any fever in the first months could indicate a significant infection requiring immediate attention. All children with a true fever under 2 months of age definitely need a medical evaluation. Call your pediatrician to check in about fevers at least for the first 4-6 months of baby's life.

But fever is only part of the story. An even more important question is if your newborn looks sick, fever or not. If he looks sick in any way -- irritability, listlessness, lethargy, poor feeding, respiratory distress, rash, vomiting, diarrhea, etc. -- contact your pediatrician, even if the temperature is not high enough to be called a fever.

CONTINUED:
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 3:16 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Probably not. I would moniter it and call him if it got worse. I think they consider a temp to be 100.4. Good luck.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 3:17 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• My dd had a fever when she was a month old. I didnt know anything was wrong. Until the nurse told me she could hear my babies breathing sounded bad. She told me to rush to the Dr. so I did.

When I got there they preformed a panel of tests including a SPINAL tap. I was panicked.

She had a major UTI and had to be on IV antibiotics for a week.

When a baby is that small the should NOT run a fever.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 3:17 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I do agree with mom2twobabes. If your baby is not acting right...call your doctor or go to the ER.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 3:20 PM on Mar. 29, 2009