scrambled eggs

Do you think it's fine to give a 10 1/2 month old baby some scrambled eggs? When did you start giving your LO eggs?

Borikaos

Asked by Borikaos at 3:26 PM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i did :)
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 3:27 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I think that you're supposed to wait till 12m bc of allergies???
    Anonymous

• doctors say not to give them eggs until 12 months because of the possibility of food allergies.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 3:28 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• They say not to give them the egg whites until after a year- yolks are fine.
    kynziesmom

Answer by kynziesmom at 3:52 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Yeah, Drs. say they can have the yolks before a year. That being said at 10 months my son was eating a regular scrambled egg. Hubby and I have no history of food allergies and we went ahead and gave it a try. He loves them!
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 4:58 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I just read in my magazine that delaying allergenic foods doesn't prevent allergies... so you gave give eggs if you would like to. Your child will or won't have an allergy but it doesn't depend on the age when it was given.
    We haven't given eggs yet, but we will probably soon now that I know it doesn't matter.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 5:10 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• mine had em at 8 months
    HisServant4ever

Answer by HisServant4ever at 5:21 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• sure! My sons loved fried eggs when they were younger than that...
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 6:10 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I just read an article today saying it is fine for babies to have scrabble eggs.. actually it's VERY healthy for them. They say they can have them all day every day it's that healthy, lol. Check out babytalk.com for the article.
    But scrambled eggs are fine and very healthy for baby :)
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:19 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• My 10 month old loves scrambled eggs. Our dr told us if there is no history of food allergies it's okay to try.
    mkemom519

Answer by mkemom519 at 7:41 PM on Mar. 29, 2009