• In the Spotlight:

Did you use a new bottle for every feeding, or re-use the same bottle all day?

I use the same bottle all day long, just rinse it out between feedings and fill it up again. Then I'll start with a new bottle the next day. What about you?

srhmldndo

Asked by srhmldndo at 3:31 PM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i also used the drop ins. They were so much easier to use and I was worried about the whole bottle contamination thing when my dd was born. I also just kept a whole bunch of nipples and switched them out regularly. It proved to be much easier and more sanitary.
    pinkclover

Answer by pinkclover at 3:43 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• i dont bottle feed, but i would probably do what you are doing... all those feedings using a new bottle every time thats a lot of bottles to clean lol
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:32 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• ew ew ew ew ew ew ew ew ew
    it needs to be washed and steralized, not just rinced!!!!!
    Anonymous

• I used the drop ins so i used a new nipple every feeding but the same bottle.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 3:34 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I premade all the bottles for the day in the morning or the night before - then just washed/steralized them the at the end of the day.

ktnunna

Answer by ktnunna at 3:36 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• No. You have to make sure you use a clean and sterilized bottle everytime. You know how much milk can build up around in a bottle or nipple? I would never. I have about 10 bottles and use about 6 a day. And after each use, they get washed in hot water in the dishwasher.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 3:39 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Both my girls I used diffrent bottles at every feeding. My sister however I think is gross she uses the same bottle anywhere from 1-4 days with just rinsing it out or just taking a bottle brush and washing it under the running water. That is nasty
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 3:40 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Ew gross, I would never go that long without washing the bottle! *gag*
    I use the drop-in system too, that's why I use the same bottle all day. But between feeding I pull the nipple and cap off and scrub them for the build-up. But I do wash the entire thing everyday for those that called me gross... :-/
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 3:42 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• New bottle each feeding because I made them up ahead of time for the day and kept them in the fridge. Besides it is much more sanitary.
    Anonymous

• I just used my boobies, showered everyday!
    Anonymous