Update....

So i posted that i woke up this morning and like choked on throw up. Like heaving & choking. I went to the bathroom and OFFICIALLY lost my plug. It was a big thick ball of like white discharge. It was def. my plug. I feel very anxious and just weird right now. Tired and sick. I just dont feel myself. I still feel like im gonna throw up and have since this morning. Along with "poo's".... Im almost 39 weeks and last time i was checked was 2cm & 60% thin. I have been having back pain and pressure and just all around uncomfortable.... I dont really think im contracting right now but having pains in and throughout my stomach and back.... I dunno if im anxious because i def lost my plug and it scared me..... but do you think labor is here??

OK SO...

So i posted this a little bit ago and i still feel sick to my stomach.... its not going away....
I am scared i might be in early labor and not even know it....?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:37 PM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If you're having stomach/back pains, you could be starting to have mild contractions. Losing your plug doesn't necessarily mean you're going into labor though. Also, your plug can re-form, but since your 39 wks, probably won't. I'd go ahead and head to the OB first thing in the morning and get things check out. Good luck! :-)
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 3:40 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Yeah you!!!! Sounds like babies on their way!!!

Just take time to enjoy it and relax. I know, two VERY hard things to do right now. lol

But if I could do it again I would try to do these two things.

Do you have a diary, I kept one for each of my kids. If you do, write an entry describing what you are feeling right now. I am keeping my diaries to give to my kids when they are old enough to appreciate them.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 3:40 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• It's very well you could be having back labor. With my son I had back labor for two days before I went into active labor, and went to the hospital. You might want to call your doctor and talk to them. Let them know what kind of pain it is, and that it is NOTHING normal. Tell them you at least want to be checked out. If you can't get ahold of your doc call labor and delivery/maternity ward at your hospital and let them know you think you are in labor. They should want you to come in. Even if you aren't it's better to get checked and reassured so that you arent stressing about it. This is the worst time for stress as it can make the baby want to just stay in. Good luck!!! Update again to let us know how it goes!!!! =] congrats =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 3:42 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• 39 weeks is not early labor. Anything after 37 weeks is considered full-term. You're OK to have your baby now! Congrats, you're gonna be a mama!
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 3:42 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I agree, sounds like you will be a Mama here very soon. Remember, not every labor & delivery follows the text books. What you are describing as back pain could very well be contractions. Call your care provider & let them know what is up or head to the hospital (if that is where you are delivering). Don't be embarrassed at all about heading to the hospital--that is what they are there for. They will monitor you for a bit & if it isn't labor, they will send you home but at least you will know & can relax.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 4:15 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Congratulations! It sounds like baby time to me. Boy do I wish I were you right now. Im 40 1/2 weeks and still no plug or contractions or anything =/ I wish you the best of luck with your new little one!!
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 4:53 PM on Mar. 29, 2009