ways to get my child to take the bottle when he has been breastfeed

form breastfeeding yo bottle feeding

jt2

Asked by jt2 at 3:40 PM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We use Playtex Ventiare Wide bottles with the slow flow nipple- you want to use a bottle that has a wide nipple so that he has to use the same latch he does when he's breastfeeding, and slow flow nipples so that he still has to work for it.

The best thing you can do is to have somebody else give him the bottle- he is way more likely to take it. Have that person imitate how you feed him- if you use a boppy, if you're topless have them try to have some skin-to-skin contact. Take off a shirt you've worn all day and slide it in between him and that person so that your son smells you.

Good Luck!
    kynziesmom

Answer by kynziesmom at 3:57 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Never could get mine to take a bottle of pumped milk. I only really tried once. She went straight to a cup.
    Devory

Answer by Devory at 3:46 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• my daughter will only take a dr brown bottle. the flow is slower and they have to suck more like they are breastfeeding. she wont take any other bottle
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:51 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• mine just went to a sippy cup.
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 4:02 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I use parents choice soothies..... they have to work at it like they do the breast!! I had a hard time and it took alot of time but she eventully took the bottle from time to time when she needs to!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 4:58 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• My daughter will only take the playtex naturllatch bottles and she was switching back and forth good but, the past few days she doesn't want a bottle.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 6:26 PM on Mar. 29, 2009