((For 2nd or more pregnancies)) Braxton Hicks.

Ok, so my first pregnancy i didn't have BH and had no pain until labor.. This time i'm about 27/28 weeks along and had TERRIBLE cramps and contractions yesterday.. I was sitting on the toilet the first time and almost passed out from pain in Lowes.. 10 mins later same at Walmart, 5 mins later same thing on the way to the baby section, and once more about 20 mins later on the way home..
How far along were you when your BH started???

youngartista

Asked by youngartista at 3:43 PM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• well, at 22 weeks (2nd pregnancy), I had menstrual like cramps that were actually causing my uterus to bulge and contract and the doctor thought i may go into preterm labor. was put on bed rest for 4 weeks and medication... fortunately, i did not, everything cleared up. i'm 31 weeks today. just a few days ago though, i had real contractions but false labor. i had very strong, tightening contractions 5 minutes apart for an hour then 3 minutes apart for 30 minutes. then it was sporadic and went away....doc said luckily it stopped., he said if it starts up again after 36 weeks, then they won't try to stop the labor. with my first pregnancy, i had bh contractions and then the real thing at 33 weeks and was going into labor and they stopped it with a shot, meds and bed rest. I haven't really had bh contractions with this one...just the real thing.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 3:47 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• why does it have to be second pregnancy or more? every pregnancy is different whether its my first compared to your third or if it was both our firsts. or both our second.
    my braxton hicks started when i was 33 weeks
    Anonymous

• i was the same as you with my first i had no pain til labor , with this one tho i started having pains and cramps and bh around 24 weeks they got worse by 29 weeks and i ended up having preterm labor by 30 weeks then between 30 and 34 weeks i had preterm 3 times . im 36 weeks now just keep an eye on them . my dr said if you even have one that is so painful you double over then go get checked .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:54 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• To Miss Anonymous. It isn't to be rude or discredit anyone on their first pregnancy. It's just that on your first pregnancy your body isn't precisely 'used' to being pregnant so it's learning what to do. By the second or more pregnancies though, your body is ready and understands what it is doing, and i wanted advice from women who have also had more than one pregnancy. Being as they are more likely to have gone through something more similar. This is an open question, if you have advice you are more than welcome to give it, and it would be appreciated.
    To the other comments, thank you i also appreciate your input. I'm going to call my doctor tomorrow.
    youngartista

Answer by youngartista at 10:36 PM on Mar. 29, 2009