How can I know that I will not die during childbirth????? PLEASE HELP ME!!!

I am so scared that I am going to die during childbirth that it is causing BIG problems in my marriage b/c I want to conceive a child and so does my husband, but I am way to scared, how do I get over this???

wonderfulwife09

Asked by wonderfulwife09 at 4:02 PM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• prozac :p

maybe xanex :>
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 4:04 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Why do you think that you will die during childbirth?
    VaDivaMom

Answer by VaDivaMom at 4:10 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• It's a risk no doubt, but it's not all that common anymore. You might want to talk to a therapist about this since it's affecting your life. Try to find out the real reason. But some of it is mental. Keep saying to yourself everything will be fine. Eventually you believe in it and everything is fine.Once you get to the point of delivery make sure you consent for blood products just in case. Talk to your OB and express your concerns. I almost died myself because the lower part of my uterus doesn't contract down like it is supposed to. I remember saying to myself I will not leave this baby to be raised alone by her dad. I will not leave my husband I am not ready. And well here I am typping with not just one child, but four. If something happens it was meant to happen. There's nothing you can do and worrying about it makes you forget to experience life to the fullest. Try to relax and seek out the cause of your fear.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 4:11 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I don't know anyone who has died during childbirth. I'm sure it happens, but it's unusual and highly unlikely. If it's actually causing problems in your marriage, I'd seek a counselor to talk to about how to deal with an unrealistic fear. Good luck.

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 4:13 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• educate yourself. It is very rare these days for women in america to die during childbirth, so much so its not really worth the fears. But also therapy and possibly a medication but you cannot take some during preg.I would suggest tho working this out before you get preg. When you are preg, all your emoptions seem so out of control and honestly can hubby (and you) handle that extra stress and pressure? Its good tp sort it all out now...good for you . and good luck. :o)BTW I am 34 weeks and I do not worry about dying at all, I worry but not about that...too many good things going on for all that fear hon. :o)
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 4:13 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Lots of women have complications and even death. But lots have very normal pregnancies and normal births and have happy, healthy children too. We have 2 boys now. Very normal births and no comlications either. I would say if you want to have kids to talk to your dr. about it after you get pregnant. Ther eis also lots of info online too that may help put you at ease a bit. Having a child, in my opinion, is a spectacular thing. You don't want to overshadow it by your fears because that can take away from your memory and experience of your childs birth.
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 5:39 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• think about this hundreds of women give birth everyday!!!!!! get a c-section if your so scared..
    sarabeth1

Answer by sarabeth1 at 6:47 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• no dont get a c-section! those have a higher risk of death after labor because of blood clots
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 2:55 PM on Mar. 30, 2009