what can I give her?

My dd is 9 months with two teeth that just came through. I give her some foods( meat sticks, fruit) in a mesh feeder and was wondering what else I can give her without the mesh feeder, that she wont choke on.

and what is strained meat?? I see it everywhere and I'm clueless

SabrenaLeigh

Asked by SabrenaLeigh at 4:22 PM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• grits, mashed taters, aplle sauce, oatmeal
    :)
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 4:25 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Her teeth don't matter. You "can" give her diced up pieces of what you're eating. She has nice hard gums and can gum just about anything you give her. (with the exception of the obvious foods you wait until 1 or 2 years before giving)
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 4:26 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• watermelon, pineapple etc... just make sure it is small enough for her to nibble with her gums
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 4:36 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• If you can mash it between your fingers she can mash it with her gums........ My son is 10 months old and he is refusing baby food in the jars so we have moved on to what i eat....Friut cut up real small, veggies cut up real small, peices of whole grain bread small, scrambled eggs but he doesnt like those, taters mashed, the little entrees by gerber for the nights i make spicey food he cant have, skinned grapes cut small, the gerber puffs, the gerber yogurt bits,, real yougurt, applesauce, infant oatmeal, spegetti cut up small with a fork, any pasta just small paices, ummmmm the list goes on and on but thats just what my son has had with in the pst week that i can remember.....
    franklynnsmom

Answer by franklynnsmom at 4:36 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• my friends daughter didnt cut her first tooth till she was almost 14 months old. That child could gum anything.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 4:41 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Frozen strawberries in the mesh feeder work very well. The child gets the nutrients from the fruit and the cold helps with the teething. It numbs a lot of the pain. :) Good luck!
    twocutetwins09

Answer by twocutetwins09 at 5:17 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• bananas are great.. gerber puffs for snacks. If she is chewing well, noodles are good, scrambled eggs are good for protein. I started by putting small pieces of bananas in her cereal, and she loved that. small peices of easy to chew fruits are good. Peas are great. Cooked veggies are easier to chew, like carrots.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:23 PM on Mar. 29, 2009