Can you believe what some people say???

I was in Home Depot yesterday with my family. I am 28 weeks pregnant with my third child. The cashier asked when I was due. When I told her June, she practically yelled, "And you are that big already!?!!!" I just said "I guess so."

I tried to act like I didn't care, but I was pretty embarassed and offended by her comment.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:27 PM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• better then being 36 weeks and the pharmisits asks i fyour pregnant .
    Anonymous

• Wow people can be rude and not think before speaking! I think I would have had to stop her in her tracks with a quick come back because that was just ignorant.
    VaDivaMom

Answer by VaDivaMom at 4:44 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I'm 37 weeks and haven't had anyone say anything really rude to me. But it's the stares I get that drive me CRAZY! I've just taken to glaring back at them or loudly talking about my pregnancy with whoever I'm with.
    CallMeED

Answer by CallMeED at 4:47 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• well at least you look pregnant & you actually are. i'm on the heavier side & have been asked when I'm due for over 3 years now...& just got pregnant a little over 2 months ago!
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 4:49 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• my son was 3 DAYS old and we had to readmit him to the hospital.

While we were doing that a nurse said "ohhhh, youll have your hands full, one that little and pregnant again"

She was a nurse. stupid.

mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 4:54 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• When I was six months pregnant with my second, a lady that has known our family for years was going on about how thin my sister was and how I used to be thin but it looked like I had put on a few pounds! I said well I hope so, I'm having a baby! She went on to add that she hoped I was able to take that off because being "that size" is not healthy. Wow...some people!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 5:05 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I hate how people are more worried about looking rail thin than being healthy. You are supposed to put on weight when you are pregnant. If you don't it isn't good for the baby. Society today is just too obsessed with being perfect that we forgot about what matters. You know what is good for you, don't feel bad because some ignorant people who probably barely eat or throw up after every meal to be "perfect" say  you are bigger than you should be. As long as you are healthy, it doesn't matter how you look. :)

twocutetwins09

Answer by twocutetwins09 at 5:14 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• When I was pregnant with my second son I went shopping with a friend. The lady who worked at the shop asked what I was having, I replied boy and then she asked when I was due I replied again and she said, "are you sure your not having twins?"
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 5:25 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• thats okay. when i was pregnant with my son, it was two months before my due date and i had a lady ask me when i was due. i told her in two months, and she asked me if i was having twins, or triplets. i was like uhhh no? shes like oh, you're huge! im like um.... thanks? dont make me feel good or anything... people are SO rude.
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 6:57 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I'll second the first anon, I'm 38 weeks and still get "Oh you're pregnant??" I mean I know I'm a big girl and all but I'm not THAT big, and since when do people carry all their weight out in front like that lol.

Next time tell them you're having quadruplets or something lol :) Some people are just rude, don't let it get to you too much :)
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 6:58 PM on Mar. 29, 2009