Im getting scared, any advice? PLEASE

I was due Thursday the 26th. My baby still isnt here and my doctor said he is going to induce me on Thursday April 2nd if she doesnt come on her own. I am scared to death of the induction because I know the contractions are more intense and they end in c section alot. Ive tried everything to "naturally induce" labor..walking, sex, fresh pineapple, going up and down stairs, bumpy car rides..and needless to say nothing is working...WHAT DO I DO?

Ill take ANY advice!!

imamommmmyyy

Asked by imamommmmyyy at 4:41 PM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• ive heard of alot of inductions not ending in csection . are you dialating already ?
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:43 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Then baby is not ready to be born yet. Just because doctors give us due dates, they are not 100% accurate. I was induced with both of my babies and I wish that I wasn't. My first resulted in a hasty c-section. Just keep what you're doing...keeping active is good for you and the baby, regardless if it makes you go into labor. I'm sorry you're scared...labor and birth can be scary but it's also so rewarding! Good luck with your little bundle of joy and just relish the last few days you have until they are born. Get as much rest as you possibly can. Something that you may want to try is Red Raspberry Leaf Tea. I have heard mixed reviews on it. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Also, a good foot massage. There are trigger points in your feet that can stimulate contractions too.
    Anonymous

• Im barely a cm dilated and 70% effaced...
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 4:54 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• well i wish you luck in two areas
    1 that this stubborness isnt s sign of things to come lol
    2 that your litle one will hurry up and get a move on .
    id try to go for walks i know you said you have been but keep it up .
    good luck honey !!!!
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:59 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I would let him know you don't feel comfortable being induced and see if he'll let you go another week. I agree with the first poster, the baby isn't ready quite yet. I went 10 days past my due date with my second and he was born exactly 24 hours before I was scheduled for induction! Maybe your being nervous will trigger something! Good luck!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 4:59 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• true just because you have a due date doesn't mean the baby has to come that day.
    many times they can be two weeks later.
    a due date is not always accurate.
    it will happen, you won't be pregnant forever!
    :)
    Anonymous

• Ok - breathe.
    I have 4 kids. My water broke on it's own with only 1, and I still had to be given Pitocin to start the contractions. My other 3, I was induced at 39 weeks (all different reasons). I had vaginal deliveries for all of them, no problems, and the baby's came pretty fast.
    I know everyone has different experiences, but I wanted to let you know that not all inductions end in c-sections.
    Good luck! Try to get some sleep now while you can!
    ARmom

Answer by ARmom at 5:13 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• With my second baby the last 2 weeks when I walked alot I would get contractions but they would stop when I sat down. I would try walking alot.
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 5:15 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• i was told calcium is needed to contract .. dnt knw if it is true but wht could it hurt? try dinking milk and stuff
    Anonymous

• all i can think you should do is be calm, relax, and just wait, due dates are estimates they arent always right or even close
    dbarkley101306

Answer by dbarkley101306 at 5:54 PM on Mar. 29, 2009