What would you do?

My 21 month old has red bumps on his leg and lower belly. He had a fever a few days ago but that seems to be gone now. And he has been very crankey the past few days. He is always a happy boy. I am going to take him to the doctor in the morning if he still has the bumps. I just wanted to see what other people would do about this and or if anyone has any ideas of what it could be.

joleensboys

Asked by joleensboys at 4:49 PM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Could be something like measles or chicken pox, but I would think you would be able to tell if it was chicken pox because they are bigger bumps. It may be measles, here's a definition of the symptoms and a link to a photo:

Measles typically begins with a mild to moderate fever, accompanied by other signs and symptoms, such as a persistent cough, runny nose, inflamed eyes (conjunctivitis) and sore throat. Two or three days later, Koplik's spots — a characteristic sign of measles — appear. Then a fever spikes, often as high as 104 or 105 F. At the same time, a red blotchy rash appears, usually on the face, along the hairline and behind the ears. This slightly itchy rash rapidly spreads downward to the chest and back and, finally, to your thighs and feet. After about a week, the rash fades in the same sequence that it appeared.

http://www.medical-look.com/diseases_images/measles.jpg

If he was vaccinated, I doubt measles
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 6:14 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• maybe chicken pox?
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 5:29 PM on Mar. 29, 2009